Hydraulic Fluid Leak.... LUCAS STOP LEAK???

lincolnls22's

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a hydraulic fluid leak, dealer says its the pump. Can I get away with putting some lucas stop leak and going on? Also it leaks when I have the heat on, it leaks very little when I don't use the heat. Would an electric fan conversion stop this problem altogether?

You should really get a new pump instead of trying to use leak stop, because that could cause more issues. I remember someone on here switching to an electric fan setup, so I'm sure someone will chime in with his name. Also, are you located in Columbia City, IN?

are you sure it's the pump? That is not common.

a leak in the hose bewteen the pump and fan - pretty common - I just replaced mine this week (third one). The little support bracket breaks and then the weight of the hose eventually breaks the seal on the coupler.

The hose is about $200. It is tough to replace yourself - but much cheaper than a pump.

QUICKLS- I took it to the dealer bcz I thought it was just a hose... I have no overheating issues just a leak. They claim its the pump and thats a $950 fix.

Yeah I am located in Columbia City, IN. I have heard about the elec. conversion and thinking of doing it.. just need to figure out if you can bypass the pump without removing it.

yes and no

i used lucas to slow the leak at the pump main seal, but it was really pissing in the wind, finally paid for a new one, piece of crap!

Members online

No members online now.
Back