Hydraulic Line P.I.A!

lincolnls22's

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok so I am replacing the hydraulic pump on my 2000 lincoln ls v6. I have the altenator out have made it to the pump... I'm stuck on how to get the hydraulic line out of the top of the pump. Its jackhammered in there for sure, does anyone know the trick to remove this???

i removed the compression fitting (not sure if it actual is a compression fitting) which the steel part of the hose goes thru and is threaded into the pump. you should use a flare nut wrench to loosen the fitting. if you look at the drawings, it seems as if the hose plugs into the fitting, but like you, i could not pull the line out of the fitting.

unsuccessful

i was unsuccessful at removing the hydraulic line on mine, ended up removing pump with line still attached, ended up cutting thru the friggin hose. not sure how they get that thing off but they do. I finally had the pump on the bench and used a impact wrench on the large nut to remove it. Even the impact wrench had a hard time. some members have been able to do it, hope they speak up.

Last edited:
I had to cut my hose. :(
Then had to cut the bolt behind the hose. :mad:
I think it took me and a buddy around 6 hours to get the passenger side accessories off, about 4 hours for the drivers side.

I have replaced my hose three twice now - never was able to pull the hose off without remoce the pump first.

Got the pump off finally what a pain to get that bolt off the line goes into. Now back to stealership for a new pulley... damn plastic pulleys

hose comes off with a z-y tool. nice and easy... :D

pully

you need a special puller for the pulley, rent it at autozone. if you don't own one. what is a y-z tool??

We had one in the shop but ended up cracking the pulley. I just picked another up today for $25, now ready to assemble and get it back on the road.

Members online

No members online now.
Back