I almost cried today. I hate Air Check.

JC316

LVC Member
Reaction score
Went to the pick U pull looking for parts for a 99 Camaro and I almost cried. Someone air checked a pristine 98 LSC. Black on black, PERFECT interior and exterior, couldn't have had any more than 70,000 miles on it. The type that you could have gotten 7 grand for easily. Also saw a Thunderbird supercoupe and an 01 Mustang GT that were air checked. I wanted to KILL whoever did that. I would have given them $3500 for the Mark VIII if they would have listed it somewhere.

pick some parts from the mark and make some money!

I need a ballast if u go back...and a factory CD player

I think he means crushed & stacked. There won't be any part pulling.

But he said

Someone air checked a pristine 98 LSC. Black on black, PERFECT interior and exterior, couldn't have had any more than 70,000 miles on it. The type that you could have gotten 7 grand for easily.

Be kinda hard to see this and it be crushed.

Texas Air check.... Where you traded in your old car and got a voucher toward a new one. The only thing they do is run a salt solution through the engine to kill it, then it goes to the junkyard where you can buy anything else off from it. Transmission, body panels, interior, even stuff like the A/C compressor, alternator, power steering, etc. Just nothing emissions related.

The headlights and rear neon were already swiped. Didn't notice if the CD player was there.

Wow. Some people think a car is a car, and for the most part they're right. That supercoupe surprises me more, I think it's safe to say they're pretty much down to just the enthusiasts owning them now, with their problems and age, most people who see them as just a car got rid of theirs long ago.

sounds like Californias cash for clunkers program.
They gave you a credit at a dealership to get your "clunkers" off the road. Then they seize the motors and junk em'.
I go to a few dealers as part of my job and have seen some very nice "clunkers"
Surprising how wastful and friggin stupid some people are, just to throw away a car like that for a small credit towards a new you that you probably cant afford and will get repo'd in a year or two. Then what will they have. :confused:

I pulled a bunch off a 98 LSC in Dallas due to this!

Good that the parts go to someone that will use em, but damn.

Wow. Some people think a car is a car, and for the most part they're right. That supercoupe surprises me more, I think it's safe to say they're pretty much down to just the enthusiasts owning them now, with their problems and age, most people who see them as just a car got rid of theirs long ago.

The mustang is not that big a deal, just had the rare black cloth interior. The supercoupe and the Mark VIII though, they are getting harder and harder to find in good shape. I don't care about the trucks and other crappy cars that went to the air check, thats good, but to see perfectly good, pristine cars go, it's sad.

I look at it this way, it is keeping a good source of decent parts for us and it will also make our Gen II's that much rarer in the future. I'm going to drive the hell out of mine and use low mile parts in the future when I need them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back