I can't seem to get a break, who wants it

rebel_69_27

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok so after all the time and money Ive put into this car I just cant get a break, Put the new engine in and has been going great, cracked a rim, found another set small complication takin care of... but now my tranny broke a band in it and doesnt have 2nd or 5th, feel like giving up on it. Im calling to verify the engine warranty will transfer and if so... prolly gonna ask 4500 obo I have posted before about everything so if anyones interested and wants more info let me know....as long as the warranty will transfer it will have a 3yr/100k warranty, new front upper and lower balljoints, bushings, brakes, rotors, electric fan,CAI, canadian car so has the block warmer. make me an offer if interested

20130805_203509.jpg

20130805_132902.jpg

20130714_151259.jpg

Won`t you warranty cover the tranny. There is 8 LS for sale within 10 KM of me that have been for sale for almost a year. Some reason these cars are not selling.

Again, maybe if i had the money all together it would have been worth the newer model, but since its been over the past 3 years that wouldnt have happened. I couldnt spend 3k and get an ls that had low miles with a v8. And no the warranty is only for the engine... I actually just spent the weekend on the garage floor putting a used tranny in that i picked up for 100. drove it about 20 miles and so far so good... well c how it goes... one thing is certain, I need to get a car lift...

So for 150 dollars your back in biz with just getting your hands dirty the good old american way. Hope that trans gives you many miles.

Seems like you've gotten it worked out. I understand how you feel about being frustrated. Mine was a wrecked car that I wanted to rebuiled, because at the time, the prices were fairly high and with less than 50,000 I thought I might get lucky with the engine still being good.

I was wrong, the oil filter housing was busted clean off and I actually found out the guy who owned it went to high school with me and was my friend's cousin. My friend found out he wrecked it while drunk and drove home after because he didn't want to get busted and burned up the motor.

I swear I'll never be doing something like this again, but having basically put my hands on every part of this car, I feel like I've accomplished something that not many people would even think about doing these days. It's something that I will remember doing the rest of my life, and look back on with a sense of pride.

I'm still dealing with a few gremlins that pop up now and then, but after everything, I have a lot of new parts on a fairly young car and it is a pleasure to drive. Just take everything in stride and realize things go wrong with every car. Good luck

Yea I do agree with all of that, I feel like I almost know this car inside and out, but it just gets frustrating when its suppose to be dependable and i feel like Im getting every issue this car ever had, and i do feel accomplished about it, like i said just frustrating beyond belief other cars do have their issues but i swear this car has the issues no one outside of this community knows about. Live and learn tho, its been an experience for sure. Thanks for the word of wisdom tho, Ive calmed down since the other tranny went in and (knock on wood) is working fine.

Members online

No members online now.
Back