I just had new trans (well new to me)....

00NORCAL V8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
and my front sway bar finally fixed. I had posted a while ago about hearing this grinding noise coming from mid point under my car. I had taken it to a Lincoln and a Ford dealer prior to getting it fixed and both places 1. couldn't hear what I was hearing or 2. said it was normail for these engines to make this noise. Man were they wrong. They also didn't notice that my sway bar bushings were almost totally gone. So finally I took my car to Folsom Lake Ford in Folsom CA and it was the best thing I ever did. Dropped it off on Friday 1/6 to have them inspect car. Here is what they found:

Sway bar bushings SHOT, determined grinding noise was coming from the tranny so they ran a pressure test and checked it thru the computer. They found pressure was extremely high and I had a bad solenoid (?) pack. The grinding noise was from a crack in the torque converter. Thank God I had extended warranty because tranny job alone was 2000.00. Warranty sent a rebuilt tranny with 1 yr warranty.

I picked up my car yesterday and it's like I just bought a new one. I have the magnaflow exhaust and after getting the tranny replaced I can actually hear the exhaust now. No more clunking from the front end...I am stoked. I want to give props to Folsom Lake Ford for taking care of me....they gave me a free synthetic oil change because when they were doing the sway bar the tech put a little dent in my oil filter. Peace

Hey! a local! let me know if you have some time in the near future, Id like to know if the noice that I hear coming from the front end is the sway bar thing. maybe you'll recognize the noice...I live by 80 and Elkhorn. Thanks!

Chances are that is the noise you are hearing. These cars are notorious
for the sway bar bushings going bad. I live down in Rancho Cordova.

Members online

No members online now.
Back