Ipod in glove compartment

mrfuzz

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So I just ordered my new head unit for my car ( Finally!)

I picked up the Alpine 9885 from crutchfield last night. They had a special with $50 off the price, free shipping, install kit, and Ipod cable. $249!

Anyways, I would like to install an Ipod in my glove compartment. Has any one done this task here before? also what is the easiest way to route the cable.

Suggestions, and opinions welcome as always ;)

Like this?
This is a pic posted by RequestingFlyBy. Shoot him a pm, he might be able to help.

ipod.jpg

Thats about what I am looking to do. I most likely will have the Ipod positioned different though.

Anyone else?

Yeah, I just drilled a small hole in the back of the glove compartment and fed the wire to the head unit. Then the holder is just stuck with the sticky tape that it comes with. Stays in place and out of sight.

I did the same thing. It took me less than 5 minutes. Basically just feed the wire while you are installing the radio (after you plug it into the head) right to the glove compartment. It just will pull right though if thats what youre going for. But regardless its not very hard or complicated so no big worrys.

I use the factory six disc indash with the PIE FRD03-POD/S with the ipod in the glovebox. Didn't have to cut any holes in the glovebox, there are plenty of gaps to feed it through. No trouble at all fishing if you do it while the stereo is out.

Hrmm

Thank you guys :) . Seems so it shouldn't be too much of a headache. I will be installing the head unit on Tuesday, that is when it should arrive. From there I will proceed to wire to the glove box ;)

I'll be sure to post some pictures .

Members online

No members online now.
Back