JBL Premium Sound Interchange?

badwf said:
Are the JBL Premium Sound head units from a Continental or Mark VIII compatible to a Town Car of the same year?

I would think so, they look exactly the same, and to save money, ford would make em all the same. So I would say yes. :L :steering

If you're talking 98-02, no. The Conti Alpine units (98-2002) will not mount to any Townie radio center because of different mouting holes. While the dimensions are similar, the Conti has 8 mounting holes as opposed to the Townie's pull-out holes, which you can access via DIN tools, or coat hanger.

98-02 Conti:
590824_21.jpg

(notice no holes like the T-Car, you must remove the panel and unscrew the unit)

98-02 Townie:
a2_3.jpg

(notice the 4 holes on the side- remove with tools from Crutchfield for $5, or rig your own using a coat hangar)

However, the 95-97 Continental WILL fit the 98-02 Town Car radio's since they are the same...If you have a 95-97 Conti and wish to install an aftermarket stereo, use the

same mounting kit as the Crown Vic/ Marquis/ Mark VIII, F-150.

If you want to install an aftermarket stero on a 98-02 Conti- there is no DIRECT kit availible.... however, I used a Mercury minivan kit/ Nissan Maxima and it was a perfect fit...

Members online

No members online now.
Back