Just Bought New Rims (PICS INSIDE)

MarkVIIIcominsoon

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So i ordered these rims last week from discountedwheelwarehouse.com and decided to put them on yesterday and take pics. They are 20 inch Giovanna Sabinas.

000_0133.jpg

000_0134.jpg

000_0135.jpg

000_0136.jpg

Meh... The rims *are* nice, but too much blingage for the Mark. Just my opinion.

You know, for me that is too much bling for me. You like it though, that is all that matters. Me, I plan to go no bigger than 18's

Yeah WAY too much bling-a-bling bling for me, especially with all the factory chrome and that grill. Tooo too much going on. If all the chrome was PTM it might work, but hey if you like them then thats all that matters.

Post some more pics when you lower it! I think that will help the look A LOT! :)

If you put some drop on it things would look better. The wheels are nice. Are you not worried about all the salt that your city puts on the roads eating up your wheels?

Mos def need a drop... I like they are 20's but you need to color match some other parts of your car to offset all that CHROME!

I don't like the style but to each his own!!!

Thanks everybody ill probably drop it in the summer and i like all the chrome plus the ladies here in detroit do too lol i think all the chrome makes it look better to me. I see were most of you guys are coming from but im only 20 so i like the Bling .

Good thing he didn't put them on a muscle car.

Mark 8 is a modern muscle car...

Maybe you need schooled on the definition of a muscle car?

From Wikipedia

The term muscle car generally describes a rear wheel drive mid-size car with a large, powerful engine (typically, although not universally, a V8 engine) and special trim, intended for maximum torque on the street or in drag racing competition. It is distinguished from sports cars, which were customarily and coincidentally considered smaller, two-seat cars, or GTs, two-seat or 2+2 cars intended for high-speed touring and possibly road racing. High-performance full-size or compact cars are arguably excluded from this category, as are the breed of compact sports coupes inspired by the Ford Mustang, the "pony car". Another factor used in defining a classic muscle cars is age and country of origin. A classic muscle car is usually but not necessarily made in the US or Australia between 1964 and 1975.

RWD...check
Mid size...check
Powerful engine/V8...check
Special Trim...check
Better for drag racing than road racing...check
American or Austrailan...check

Mark 8 is a modern muscle car...

Maybe you need schooled on the definition of a muscle car?

From Wikipedia

The term muscle car generally describes a rear wheel drive mid-size car with a large, powerful engine (typically, although not universally, a V8 engine) and special trim, intended for maximum torque on the street or in drag racing competition. It is distinguished from sports cars, which were customarily and coincidentally considered smaller, two-seat cars, or GTs, two-seat or 2+2 cars intended for high-speed touring and possibly road racing. High-performance full-size or compact cars are arguably excluded from this category, as are the breed of compact sports coupes inspired by the Ford Mustang, the "pony car". Another factor used in defining a classic muscle cars is age and country of origin. A classic muscle car is usually but not necessarily made in the US or Australia between 1964 and 1975.

RWD...check
Mid size...check
Powerful engine/V8...check
Special Trim...check
Better for drag racing than road racing...check
American or Austrailan...check

I would dare you to tell this to my friend Justin, he would rip you to peices and then drive over you with his 69 Camaro, which is a muscle car.

A lot of people argue what was the first muscle car was, but I garuntee you that they will all agree that the last one was made a long long long time ago.

By the way the Mark VIII is an LSC, Luxury Sport Coupe.

Believe what you want, the Mark is not a muscle car in my eyes. If you want to put the Mark in the same class as Mustangs, Camaros, T/A's, etc. that is your business.

A Mustang is not a muscle car.

A Camaro is not a muscle car.

A T/A is not a muscle car.

All three are pony cars, not muscle cars. Make sure you have properly identified a muscle car before criticizing another's identification. ;)

[edit] Defining the class
The Mustang provided the template for the new class of automobiles. Although it was based on the platform of the Falcon, it had a unique body (offered as a hardtop coupé and a convertible) with distinctive, "long hood, short deck" proportions. In basic form it was mechanically mundane, with a 170 cu. in. (2.8L) six-cylinder engine and three-speed manual transmission. It carried an attractive base price of $2,368, and had an extensive option list offering a range of V8 engines, Cruise-O-Matic automatic transmission or four-speed manual, radios, air conditioning, power steering, and other accessories. A V8 Mustang with all available options would cost about 60% more than a basic Six, which made it an extremely profitable model for Ford.

The requirements were therefore set:

Attractive, sporty styling
Affordable base price
Extensive options, including six-cylinder and V8 engines
Aggressive, youth-oriented marketing and advertising.
While most of the pony cars offered more powerful engines and performance packages, enough to qualify some as muscle cars, a substantial number were sold with six-cylinder engines or mundane, "cooking" V8s, with the high-performance models largely limited to drag racing, road racing, or racing homologation purposes.

[edit] Pony car competitors
Despite the immediate success of the Mustang, many (including some within Ford) feared that the bubble would soon burst, and other manufacturers were relatively slow to respond. The first competitor was the Plymouth Barracuda, which actually went on sale on April 1, 1964, about two weeks before the Mustang. The Barracuda was not a direct response to the Mustang, which had not yet debuted (although Chrysler was certainly aware of the upcoming model), but a low-cost way to expand the sporty appeal of the Valiant. Chrysler's precarious financial situation meant that the Barracuda was compromised, with insufficient distinction from the Valiant and styling that drew mixed reactions; its sales were a fraction of the Mustang's. (Some mentioned then if the Barracuda was successful, the term for this class of automobile might have been "fish car," rather than "pony car.")[1] [2] [3] [4]

Initially, General Motors believed that the restyled 1965 Corvair would be an adequate challenger for the Mustang, but when it became clear that the Corvair itself was doomed, the more conventional Chevrolet Camaro was introduced, going on sale for the 1967 model year, at the time the Mustang was entering its second generation. They were presently joined by the Camaro-based Pontiac Firebird, the Mercury Cougar, and, in 1968, the AMC Javelin. Dodge joined the party belatedly with the 1970 Dodge Challenger, an enlarged version of the Barracuda.

Members online

No members online now.
Back