Just purchased a 2003 ls V8 - mods?

97towncar

LVC Member
Reaction score
Well the Dealership that I work for is going out of business and they have a Lincoln LS V8 that is a loaner car that they are going to sell along with the entire fleet at a discounted price because the entire lot was keyed including my LS :( . Since I work there I found out before the general public and snagged this little beauty. It's a 2003, LS so it has the higher rated hp 3.9l with only 50358 miles on it. Even though they were probabbly rough miles I couldn't pass up $6,500. So.....I have been reading around and I want to get a basic list of the mods that are common for this car. It is completely new to me as I am primarily a Town Car man but in light of my new purchase I will let my father ride around in my old hotrod Lincoln while I make a new one. I have a nitrous kit (zex) form the Town car I can use but that's about it. I guess a cai and exhaust would accompany that pretty well and myabe some 3:73:1 with trac loc in the rear end but that's about all i can think of right now. Any other performace upgrades and cosmetic upgrades would be really appreciated

K&N or KKM intake, custom exhaust and a tune with an XCAL is about all there is. The LS uses an 8.0" rear and can be made to have numerically higher gears out back with some work. Search and ye shall find.

Good luck with the new car.

Welcome to the '03 LS8 club.

Take a look at mine and thats about the extent of the mods minus the XCAL tuner and exhaust.

With CAI and tune you'll get a very nice 300+ hp out of the 242 cu inch engine which works out to a very efficient 1.25 hp/cu inch.

Otherwise if you want more power the only real options are nitrious or custom turbo.

A CAI and a tune will get you about 30 hp for about $750, exhaust on a 2nd gen will only gain 3-4 hp and change the sound for about $800.

Members online

No members online now.
Back