Kid in a hyundai tiburon punked me down

b34nz

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So I was getting gas last night and all the sudden my friend starts making fun of this kid at the pump next to us in a Tiburon.

So anyway, they start exchanging words and the kid starts talking about do I wanna race. I said no, of course my friend stars saying things like "Yeah my boy's LS will eat that little POS up" blah blah blah.
So now the kid is totally worked up, screaming about how fast his car is and that he wanted to race for money or pinks and so on. I keep telling my friend to stfu but he keeps getting the kid more worked up by saying things like "Your car is a POS, stfu pu$$y"

The point of this story is, I wish that stupid S/C kit would hurry up and be ready. Because it's really embarrasing when some A-hole in a tiburon punks you down. I really need more HP. It almost ruined my night. It could have only been worse if this had happened with a KIA =[
I'm still troubled by what happen. I NEEED HP! BAHHHHH

I think you have a V6, because it is kind of slow. The V8 would pass the Tiburon.

But, overall, your friend started making fun of the other guy's car, so do not blame him.

I would say its a 6 too, I test drove a few Tibs and the v6 in the tib is alright, but not alot of HP for the wieght of the car. V8 is definately faster unless the Tib is done up which is possible, they have a great deal of mods for 'em.

I'm almost certain he has turbo's or NOS or something. Cause the way he was talking, there wasnt a doubt in his mind he would beat me. Plus he had no hood, said the mods he had, he had to remove his hood to make room for them. And yea, I have a V8.

The only thing that made me feel better was that, in fact, he was driving a hyundai. Even if it is faster, it's still a hyundai. =x

well, if you got beat by a hyundai, you did technically get beat by a kia.

damn got beat by a KIA now thats sad.... hey if you didnt see a hood on his car you should of taken a peep before you raised, hey do some recon before you underestimate someone, now for our sake dont EVER EVER EVER tell this story again, its just imbarasing... lol

I know he had NOS or something. I know my car is slow and wasnt ment to be fast. But it still sucks. If I had had the S/C, I would have raced him.

The things my friend was saying to him was very funny though. My friend is huge and he just screws with everyone, the kid got really bent outta shape about the whole thing.

"Yeah whatever man, F your v8 lincoln dude" as he revs the engine and peels out :D

I love idiots with NOS... Cheap mod, and good way to destroy your car if you don't know what you're doing.

Hmmmm... punk with NOS knows what he's doning.... doubt it... he's driving a POS......

Then again remember the differnce in what you are driving vs the punk...

You walk out of your house to your dirve and see a nice car... he walks out and sees a POS and knows it... That's why he had to get all bent out of shape.... LOL.....

Kia is a lower version of Hyundai, like mazda is too ford, pontiac and chevy blah blah.

I do not know of many turbo kits for the Tib but if he had one you would of been able to tell. I know the 2.7 v6 has S/C's out there for them because I was researching mods for them when I was looking to get a new one.

I've killed so many modded tiburons...the only one that beat me was a custom turbo "tuscani" built to the teeth...of course it wasn't even a race...i didnt even want to do it.

When I put my loaded Kia Sorento next to a Ford, I get a combination of the Ford Explorer and the Ford Excape. I have a similar body style of the Escape, but bigger, and the rest is like the Explorer; right down to the Delco radio. I may be mistaken about this, but I have even heard that they are assembled in the same American plant - I just don't know which one. The similarities are striking, with the Kia coming out on the top. I have driven all three and decided on the Kia. Now, understand, I bought the model that was loaded because the stripped down version sucks. But, check them out and tell me you don't see the similarity.

paulownian said:
When I put my loaded Kia Sorento next to a Ford, I get a combination of the Ford Explorer and the Ford Excape. I have a similar body style of the Escape, but bigger, and the rest is like the Explorer; right down to the Delco radio. I may be mistaken about this, but I have even heard that they are assembled in the same American plant - I just don't know which one. The similarities are striking, with the Kia coming out on the top. I have driven all three and decided on the Kia. Now, understand, I bought the model that was loaded because the stripped down version sucks. But, check them out and tell me you don't see the similarity.

Every car that kia makes is a direct rip-off of another car.

Think about it. They have:

The KIA that's a rip off of the jag s-type
The kia thats a rip off of the Galant
The KIA thats a rip-off of the Infiniti J30, or maybe the I30, I forget what model.

And the list goes on. All they do is bite everyones style. F a KIA, same to the hyundai

I am still amazed people do not know Hyundai and KIA are the same.

Beamer said:
I am still amazed people do not know Hyundai and KIA are the same.
I think the reason people don't know that is because it isn't true. Both are totally separate, publicly traded companies IIRC.

beaups said:
I think the reason people don't know that is because it isn't true. Both are totally separate, publicly traded companies IIRC.

Nope...not separate. Here's a quote from a press release on the Hyundai website:

Established in 1967, Hyundai Motor Co. has grown into the Hyundai Kia Automotive Group which includes over two dozen auto-related subsidiaries and affiliates. Employing over 50,000 people worldwide, Hyundai Motor posted US$26.1 billion in sales in 2004 (on a non-consolidated basis). Hyundai motor vehicles are sold in 193 countries through some 5000 dealerships and showrooms. Hyundai Motor Co. is a sponsor of the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™.
Founded in 1944 and now celebrating its 60 th anniversary, Kia Motors Corporation (www.kiamotors.com) is Korea's oldest manufacturer of automobiles. As part of the Hyundai-Kia Automotive Group, Kia is among the world's fastest growing automobile companies and aims to be a premier global automaker. Kia's 15 manufacturing and assembly operations in 12 countries make more than a million vehicles a year that are sold and serviced through a network of distributors and dealers covering 190 countries. Kia today has 30,000 employees and annual revenues of $12 billion. It is the major sponsor of the Australian Tennis Open and an official worldwide sponsor of the Davis Cup.

They are still 2 separate companies.. sort of, depending on how you look at it. They are 36% owned by Hyundai. I am 99% sure they still trade under 2 separate tickers each with their own financials. From Hoovers:

Kia Motors took a detour through bankruptcy court on its way to becoming an affiliate of Hyundai Motor Company. South Korea's second-largest automaker, Kia racked up $10 billion in debt before creditors offered the company at auction. Rival Hyundai Motor submitted the highest bid and acquired 51% of Kia. (Hyundai Motor's stake has since been reduced to about 36%). In the US, Kia's models include the Sorento SUV, the Sedona minivan, the Rio compact sedan, and the new Amanti luxury sedan. Kia also makes commercial vehicles. The company's highest-capacity plants outside Korea are in China, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, and Taiwan.

haha.. you guys are so insecure - "even if he won he's still driving a hyundai"

how often does the LS break down and how often did my old hyundai break down?

hyundai > any ford product.

Members online

No members online now.
Back