Lincoln LS Front Passenger Window Problem

PLOMFS

New LVC Member
Reaction score
My daughter has my old 04 Lincoln LS and last night she called me saying the front passenger side window wont roll up.

I've done some web searching today and concluded it could be a couple things.

1. Window off track. (Not likely given the cars age and known problems)
2. Window Regulator. (Highly possible IMO)

What I was wanting to know is if anyone has any other ideas. I also wanted to know if there is a good "How To" on the forum for replacing a front window regulator for the lincoln.

Thanks

Could be the switch, fuse or motor. Check the simple things first.

Not questioning anyone's intelligence...... Did she try it from the passenger door? If so, was the switch locked out from the driver's door?

window regulator w/o motor..... 4w4z5423208aa list is $94.00 your cost 74.00 plus shipping....
max

Could be the switch, fuse or motor. Check the simple things first.

Not questioning anyone's intelligence...... Did she try it from the passenger door? If so, was the switch locked out from the driver's door?

Actually, the window lock switch only locks out the rear windows.

if the window makes a sound when the button is pressed like it is trying to roll up or down, then my moneys is on the regulator as this is one of the more commonly/constant problems

if it doesn't make any noise, i would check into the electrical

Quote 1LoudLS if the window makes a sound when the button is pressed like it is trying to roll up or down, then my moneys is on the regulator as this is one of the more commonly/constant problems

if it doesn't make any noise, i would check into the electrical

+1 agreed 100% the window regulators are a very common problem , also the Left Front gets used the most , best price I have found is on E-Bay , its not a real hard job , but the original regulator is rivited in , nothing stops you from bolting the new one in though , good luck Frank

Window Regulator Repair Clips

Do you sell the plastic clips that they sell on e-bay for preventative maintenance on these things?

I have been selling the clips for the front left and right window regulator for a while now, and stock them.

Also setting up a website (in progress) at

www.regulatorfix.com

My email:

info@regulatorfix.com

Also on ebay. Ebay user and store name:
regulatorfix

Would like to see if I can get my manufacturers to make clips for the rear; can someone post or link to good photos of the rear clips?

Also links to good, detailed DIY write ups for the front.

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.
Back