Lincoln LS Speaker Install

rbanfield

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I am looking to begin installing a high end stereo system into my 2000 Lincoln LS. In the doors, will the midranges from a Focal Utopia 165w component setup fit? I am expecially concerned about the mounting depth of almost 80mm/3.15inches?

I had managed to install these into a 3000GT before, and it required very little in the area of ingenuity.

Thanks,
Robert

Sifrino3 said:
Check out crutchfield.com! I love that place!

Crutchfield won't say how much mounting depth there actually is, and the Focal Utopia speakers are probably longer than anything they sell (at least they are longer than the $400 MB Quartz components).

It is usually easy to MAKE the doors accept a 6.5 inch speaker, but one that is 80mm deep is another story entirely.

Thanks for your info,
Robert

I took my door panel off the other day while working on my alarm, and saw there was at least one inch of space between the speaker and door panel. There shouldn’t be a problem with depth but if there is, by building out from the sheet mettle the speaker will fit. If you have the 6x8 like I did from the factory you need to make a plate anyway.

Focal makes some awesome speakers, I’m sure you’ll be happy with them.

If it doesn't want to fit, Make It.

Sifrino3 said:
Look at the measurements from each speaker and then the ones that don't fit. You'll get a good idea of what fits. . .

Why not take out a door and find out then let us know? I have installed speakers with a 3" mounting depth and it looked like there was room to spare but i am not certain. it fit nicely even with dynamat extreme behind it.

there is lots of room there. I have had the door panels off 50 times - and have also upgraded my speakers - lots of room from the inner skin to the outer and from the inner skin to the fabric panel.

If you upgrade the door speakers you may need to look at upgrading both the console speakers and the reart subs - as they will feel a little thin after you upgrade.

I upgraded:
- the doors to Alpine SPS-570A 2-way
- the consoles to Fosgate Rockford FRC3203 - 3.5" Punch 2-way
- then added a Sony Xplod XM-2165GTX 1000W amplifier Amplifier with two 12" XS-L1200B subwoofers
- then added a Fosgate Rockford 1 Farad Digital Capacitor

- the head unit in my Audiophile system is nice enough for me - just not enough 'punch'

I always tell people to stay away from commercial audio that cant compete such as sony, audiobahn, kicker, rockford fosgate, kenwood, ect. That stuff just doesnt sound good and no where near loud enough to good quality audio equipement.

Great manufacturers such as RE AUDIO, ADIRE AUDIO, DIGITAL DESIGNS, INCRIMNATOR AUDIO, STEREO INTEGRITY will give you amazing quality speaker products

www.reaudio.com

As to the starter of this thread. Great choice on the focal comps. Fiberglass should do the trick in your case. I also recommend you add a woofer setup to reach the lower frequencies of the spectrum. just STAY AWAY FROM COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS!!!

if you have any questions visit www.splbassx.com/forums and ask any audio question there. Alot of pros on there.

I always tell people to stay away from commercial audio that cant compete such as sony, audiobahn, kicker, rockford fosgate, kenwood, ect. That stuff just doesnt sound good and no where near loud enough to good quality audio equipement.

Great manufacturers such as RE AUDIO, ADIRE AUDIO, DIGITAL DESIGNS, INCRIMNATOR AUDIO, STEREO INTEGRITY will give you amazing quality speaker products

www.reaudio.com

As to the starter of this thread. Great choice on the focal comps. Fiberglass should do the trick in your case. I also recommend you add a woofer setup to reach the lower frequencies of the spectrum. just STAY AWAY FROM COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS!!!

if you have any questions visit www.splbassx.com/forums and ask any audio question there. Alot of pros on there.

hows it going.. im looking into buying some new speakers and i found some from the brand Incrimnator Audio on Amazon... for $119 im wondering what this comes with--the picture only shows one speaker, crossover, and tweeter.. how many of each should i expect?

edit.. sorry heres the link Amazon.com: Incriminator Audio I Series 6.5" Components: Car Electronics

Make new threads because you never know if those people are still active.... They won't respond but others here can help you.

im pretty new sorry bout that... should i make a new thread if it relates to his recommendation of that brand of speakers?

Look at the date of the last post. I am pretty sure the only member that posted in this thread that is left on the site is Quik LS. Either search for the brand you are inquiring about or start a new thread. Thank you.

Make new threads because you never know if those people are still active.... They won't respond but others here can help you.

Look at the date of the last post. I am pretty sure the only member that posted in this thread that is left on the site is Quik LS. Either search for the brand you are inquiring about or start a new thread. Thank you.

Guess you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. Guy bumps old threads, and gets told not to. If the guy starts a new thread, I bet he'd get bitched at to search.

If the guy is new, he for sure isn't going to know what members are currently active.

Just sayin.

megahertz- welcome to LVC. :D

I guess our motto should be LVC... figure it out on your own...:D:D:D J/K.... and welcome megahertz, looks like it only comes with one each...

My opinion is different. I say put it all in this thread. That way, three years from now when someone new is looking for the same info, they'll have fewer threads to search.

Let's just delete everything of little importance, break up LVC into sections, put important stuff into sections and start fresh lol. Not saying that I've posted some stuff that's important but there's a lot of empty threads on here that I've come across in my short membership here.

My opinion is different. I say put it all in this thread. That way, three years from now when someone new is looking for the same info, they'll have fewer threads to search.

Problem is that the entire thread is full of members who are no longer active.

If they were active that would be different.

the amount of members still active from an old thread has little to do with the quality of information in the thread.

if a guy makes a great write up on how to do a certian job, then it doesn't matter to the new guy that finds it looking for information on how to do the same job.

now if the new guy comes across the same thread and has a question or two that didn't get answered, then he definitely should ask the question in that thread to make a good thread that much better, instead of creating more incomplete threads to wade through for the few of us that do search.

Im just going by how its usually done on forums....ive been a mod before on another forum and thats how i always had to do it.

Members online

Back