Lincoln LS stereo controls steering wheel!

ndx

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,
some how, i broke my volume button on the steering wheel. if i hit a bump now or turn the wheel or just tap it , it changes channels, volume goes all the way up, or who knows what the hell it decides to do!
i found the part to buy it (125 dollars), does anyone knows how to replace it?
it seems that i have to take the cover of the steering wheel off to get to it ( the airbag part, where the lincoln sign is). how do i do that?
thanks in advance.

ok...

ok, i'll look tomorrow for the screws in the back of the steering wheel to take the cover off.
the question is, this is the right way to get to the stereo switch to remove it?
thanks.

Are you 100% certain it's the actual stereo switch that is broken? Is it hanging or cracked or something? If NOT, it's the clockspring behind the steering wheel thats causing the issue. Trust us, Luke.

i do trust you guys.
here is the problem: the + button for volume, feels that is pushed in, it does not have that spring resistenace that it used to have, the - button for volume is fine, it works like always, i can turn the sound down, and it feels that spring , where the button comes back up after you press it , unlike the + button. all it takes is to touch the damn button, i mean just a touch and the radio goes up, it's really annoying actually. sometimes just turning the wheel does it too!
it's funny , i do not remeber pushing hard on it or any other event like this?
so do you think if i take the cover of the wheel off, i'll be able to get to it?

Members online

No members online now.
Back