Looking for a K&N Air Intake kit

lfo734

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Does any one know of a K&N air intake kit that will fit my 98 Mark LSC? Thanks...:)

Honestly the stock air box is a cold air box

it does a better job of getting cold air to the motor than an exposed cone filter inside the engine compartment.

Makes sense, I know it pulls air from under the box. I guess what I'm after is the K&N look.

I pieced together my own cone filter kit. It cost about $50 and sounds pretty mean - even though I know it essentially does nothing for power.

It's probably worth it just to get rid of that stupid POS stock airbox with the screw on the bottom that's impossible to get to.

It's probably worth it just to get rid of that stupid POS stock airbox with the screw on the bottom that's impossible to get to.

a long screwdriver reaches that screw easily..

Until the screw falls out then the retainer breaks.

Just dont get an oiled filter.....

Oh, cause some nitwit overtightens a screw, is a reason to ditch the air box?

Those retainers are replaceable, they just press into the air box.

Unless you were just looking for an increase in your post count the above post was worthless.

I don't know about the 2nd gens... but I had a mustang kit on my 1st gen. I didn't route the filter thru the fender well, I turned the pipe down and the filter sat right on top of the air compressor. PITA to clean, but it looked neat. I'll see if I can find some pics.

Oh and BTW... the car slowed down with that kit on it.

There are ways of blocking the hot air and directing more cold air in but there is a lot of hot air under the hood...

The Cone filter tends to be for looks if you can't block the heat.

Can't find the pics... prolly on my old hard drive at the house.

I wouldn't use a cone filter, it will just suck up a bunch of engine heat & do nothing for you power wise.

I have a conical filter. I think I may go back to the stock box.

I have a conical filter. I think I may go back to the stock box.

I was very reluctant to do that.. but Timeslips/ETs?MPH's dont lie.

My car instantly picked up the .2 that it was missing, and that was with a paper filter in the stock air box

If you want the looks and sound go for it.... just know what to expect!

Yeah the car to run slower.

If that's what you want though try a 99-01 Cobra CAI kit. 96-98 Cobra the throttle body is at a different angle, 99 and 01 Cobra's are very similar. The fenderwell ones won't fit but many underhood ones will. I belive the JLT kit will work and is a nice kit.

Yeah the car to run slower.

If that's what you want though try a 99-01 Cobra CAI kit. 96-98 Cobra the throttle body is at a different angle, 99 and 01 Cobra's are very similar. The fenderwell ones won't fit but many underhood ones will. I belive the JLT kit will work and is a nice kit.

do they have a kit (specifically the heat sheild) that would fit if i have a bigger MAF housing (90mm)

Members online

Back