Looking for a little more performance

fonzieguy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten the chip from LincolnMotorsports.com, or recommend it? Are they any other chips out there that are better?

When I was researching gettting a chip I found it depends on what site you go to on some of the lincoln sites Geno of LMS is some white devil snake oil salesman and they will bash his chip... after reading lot's of forums I decided to get LMS chip the main reason was the price $150 less than other chips and the fact the chip was programed for the mark viii

The install was super easy and all I can say about the chip is it put a huge grin on my face when I stomp on it, it really wakes the car up and takes away the speed limiter which is cool... I think everybody should have one even if you dont drive fast.

the LMS chip only has one program on it the more expensive ones have more than one program on them

well i just put a venom 400 in my markvii and i dont think it help it started to idle rough i took it for a ride and i dont think it helped that much but my friends said it might take the computer awhile to start to work but idk i just took it out idk if i should of just let it try to get better or not

Really any chip vendor that is mentioned on the forums will do a good job. I was going to go with Geno but did not get a call back for over a week. Thus I went with Torrie at FPN. I have four programs and they all work well.

But multiple programs are really not needed. You will likely settle on one and it will be the performance tune. I switch between my performance and economy one. I get 30-33mpg in economy and about 29 in performance on the highway.

If one program will work, go with Geno. I would think he has a multiple program chip as well.

I am happy with mine and the ability to send it back for free adjustments is nice for when I add on thinks like new exhaust or bigger MAF.

Really any chip vendor that is mentioned on the forums will do a good job. I was going to go with Geno but did not get a call back for over a week. Thus I went with Torrie at FPN.

What is FPN?

What is the venom 400?

well after about 10-15 minutes reading up on it ,,,appears to be the highest priced "resistor"chip yet.

it connects to maf and TPS and fools computer into going WOT at as little as 35% throttle,or so i have read,,blahh

its worth $40 tops imho

Oh god, really? ANYTHING that "fools" sensors is a bad thing really. For one, the car can adjust back on its own. Second, its not tuned for the specific car its used in. This is no better than those eBay 20HP deals where they ship you a VERY over-priced resistor for the MAF.

The only thing one should do is a tune or a chip. I would really take it out!

Gears are your best bang for the buck bet.

Well does the LMS one hurt your gas mileage? It says it increases power and mpg but that cant be happening.

Well does the LMS one hurt your gas mileage? It says it increases power and mpg but that cant be happening.

sure it can,when you optimize a vehicles fuel/timing strategy you can usually gain performance and efficiency at the same time.
happens very often in modern fuel injected vehicles

On a side note what are the default gears on the Mark viii? (94)

SCT all the way from a well recomended shop. I would find a local shop in your area to do a chip & dyno tune for you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back