Loose driver seat backrest

04charcoal

LVC Member
Reaction score
I've Searched this and can't find anything. Please help!
As the title says my driver seat backrest is loose and can be moved about 2" back and forth. I've taken the back panel off and removed the leather to see if there was some kind of adjustment screw or something that was loose but couldn't really tell. Any help would be greatly appreciated, this has been a problem for a couple of years now but its been getting worse.
Thanks

I won't say that you can't find something to tighten and fix in there, but every case of backrest position problems on the LS that I know of has required that the backrest be replaced. The service manual also says replacement is the only repair.

Having the same issue, although not as bad as you it seems. I think a plus for me is that I have no desire to keep it adjustable and prefer it in the fully seated (pun intended?) position. It's on my list of things to do after solving a couple of interior noise issues...I'll repost here if I figure something out before you do.

Really, that sucks! Any idea what the cost of that would be?

Not really. Your best bet would probably be to get one at a junkyard or off of ebay. Keep in mind that it doesn't have to be the same color as yours, you can always transfer you existing seat back cover to the replacement seat.

Could I use Gen 1 seatbacks or are they Gen 2 specific? Also, could I use the passenger seat back? I assume all the ones I'm gonna find at the scrap yard are gonna be in the same condition

Could I use Gen 1 seatbacks or are they Gen 2 specific? Also, could I use the passenger seat back? I assume all the ones I'm gonna find at the scrap yard are gonna be in the same condition

Has to be gen II, and I am pretty sure that driver and passenger are different.

Members online

No members online now.
Back