Ls die at stops

anthony53o

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok i have a 2000 Lincoln ls it only has 60k miles on it, i just got the struts replaced and new rotors and brakes but now it dies at the lights and stops completely shuts off but the power (electricity) turns on in 1sec but i have to crank it up again its killing me, one mechanic told my it's the tps (throttle positioning sensor) so i had it changed 30min it dies, i know this is a main issue with these cars so Please can anyone help I'm so :confused:

Thanks

my car.jpg

I got same year, V8, and color, but never had the problem, even though I do have a new engine in it now...but never had a problem when stopping.

Idle air bypass (IIRC, it's technically called the Idle Air Control, or IAC) would be my first guess. When the throttle plate closes, it cuts off the main airflow for the engine, so the IAC opens to allow enough airflow to keep the engine from dying. If the IAC is stuck closed, when the throttle closes it cuts off the air, killing the engine; if you can keep the engine running by operating the throttle, the IAC is a safe bet.

Believe it or not it could also be low transmission fluid.

Yeah, try taking it off and cleaning the inside of it with carb cleaner. If that doesn't work, replace it.

Im having this same problem for some months now. Can someone point out for me where is the IAC and how to remove it for cleaning

Thanks in advance

I think NYC posted a picture of it not too long ago. I could tell you right where to find it on a 4.0SOHC, but I've not looked on an LS V8 (besides, mine's a 2nf Gen...).

Members online

No members online now.
Back