LS Emblem on Fender.

Beamer

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I've seen this on only some LS', the LS emblem is on the front fender on the piece of molding and was wondering if they were just added or came on the LS. I've been thinking about adding it but wanted to ask if anyone knew if the emblem was the same as the LS on the rear on the taillight like you can get on LSkoncepts.com

Or do you think I should debadge the car? I was thinking about doing this, take off the lincoln ls v8 and even find a way to cover or whatever the lincoln emblem on the plate surround and on the front grill. But the car is distinctive so I don't think it'd be all that great besides looking cleaner. Plus I basically just put on the v8 emblems and would hate to just have to remove them.

The "LS" on the front fender only came on 00-02 models, the later LSs don't have it. That's how I know.

I think you shouldn't debadge the LS, I have seen one debadged, didn't look any better. I wouldn't do it.

Also we are talking about this, right?

DSC03354.JPG

Wonder why mine does not have them :hmmmm::

Maybe from 00-01?? Mine is 01 and it has em.. Did you own the car since new? Maybe your fenders were replaced with the 03 and up ones?

Probably the 02s don't have em.

I just looked the 02s on cardomain and they don't have it.

So now we know another difference between 01s and 02s.

I dont have them on my 02 and I personally like the debaged look them only ones I have are the lincoln emblems front and back

HyeLifeLS said:
I just looked the 02s on cardomain and they don't have it.

So now we know another difference between 01s and 02s.

Yep.

"LS" emblems were deleted from the trim strips on front fenders (next to doors) in the 2002 models. You'll only see them on the 00 and 01 models.

i have been wondering the same thing. i was thinking, is there a special package that i didn't get.

i like the badges, however, i don't really want them on my car. if that makes any sense

Maybe the rear badges would be alright to remove but I really like the one on the fender, it kind of gives the car a nice little detail.

According to my catalog they fit vehicles built from 3/22/99 to 11/18/2002.

XW4Z-5442528-AA List $29.63 LVC $22.06 each

42528.jpg

Those emblems will only fit on '00 and '01 LS's. There was a flat spot on the bump strip they glued onto. The '02 LS does not have that flat spot.

Yea there is a flat spot on that little moulding under the letters "LS". You could buy the 2 2001 pieces and have em repainted, then put em on.

They look great though, 02-06 owners should do it..

Members online

Back