LS V8 2002 or 2003

bigdan

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi gang ,
i m new here , and i plan on buying a used LS V8

but should i go for the 2002 or 2003 ...the 2002 has less power but less complicated electronics ( I heard)...the 2003 has more power , variable valve timing (I think) but more complicated electronics ...
input from both owners type would be apreciated......at best someone who knows both ...

If you're interested in doing extensive performance and/or appearance mods, there isn't much available for 2003+. A bit more available for 2002-.

hate to start a generation war but as for engine mods what is available for 02 that isn't available for 03? only thing that comes to mind is exhaust which is somewhat irrelevant since the 03's have a better system. I think if you want to mod 03 is still better because you start with about the same hp as the modded 02's have. also, like your 06 they look so damn good already you don't need to add any body kits. IMO if you can afford it go 03+...so many improvements.s

The 03 has some desirable changes from the 02 that are worth having...the most noticable of which would be the change from a hydraulic fan to electric IMHO....

Members online

Back