Ls with Suicide doors

I remeber a thread on hear talking about Suicide doors on an Ls. No one actually said they saw one but they said they heard of one. So I had to post this car, Should have went with Lambo doors in the front though, that would have set the car off nice.

Needs an engine detail but I like his style for the most part.

a little busy for my taste. But incredibly well done for the effect he was going for. I'm impressed.

Carbon Fiber Hood! First one I've seen!

I wonder what it weighs?
The stock one is already lightweight aluminum..... Hmmm.....

I wonder what it weighs?
The stock one is already lightweight aluminum..... Hmmm.....

Its a carbon fiber overlay on the hood, roof, and trunk. I asked him about it fading. He replied "if it fades, its easy to redo the overlay".

FYI i called my auto guy about suicide doors and he said it would run over 5 grand. they have to basically rebuild the whole door. i had no idea they were that expensive.

For a metal guy, it's not that big a job. The hinges and latches have to be cut out and switched from side to side and put back in. After all the adjustments, you paint. Just like---'to get rich, buy low, sell high'!
KS

27 Grand?
He must not understand that customization does not add value to a car. Especially a car that is not in high demand in the first place.

The hinges wil run you under $1000 after tax and shipping. My buddy has quoted me $3000 to do the suicide dooors and custom paint job on my LS. I plan to do them winter of 2009.

BrokeLS had to use Honda doors latches for his doors. The factory rear door hardware can't be used because of the way it is designed in an angle to latch. I plan to get factory front doors latches off an LS to do my suicide doors. Plan to relocate the exterior door handles. I don't want them shaved.

97stscaddy is right. Just because you put $10k into a car doesn't mean you will get that for the ride when you sell it. Custom ride is a knitch market sell. You have to find someone looking for it and willing to give you what you want.

Members online

No members online now.
Back