Lucas oil stabilizer. yes or no?

Cbecker1994Vlll

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
my mark finally hit 110 000 on the odometer. and in most of my vechiles i start to use Lucas oil stabilizer but i was reading in the owners manual and it said not to use any oil additives. but lucas claims you can use it in anything. any body use it or no anything about it?

Don't bother with it.

I've seen demonstrations where the lucas oil did more harm then good. A good oil is better and it won't foam up like the lucas oil.

Calabrio said:
Don't bother with it.

I've seen demonstrations where the lucas oil did more harm then good. A good oil is better and it won't foam up like the lucas oil.

you are right about the good oil part...but lucas is not harmful

at work i always recomend everything lucas EXCEPT for the oil treatment. but...diffrent people have diffrent oppinions.

Bottom line is, it wont hurt...but lord knows if it will do any good. Most stuff is begnine, but very few additives actually work.

It's by far the best thing of its kind on the market. We use it in EVERY single thing that come through the door.

I use ALL their products and have religiously for over 14 years now. I have put it in everything I have ever owned that had an engine, trans and rear. Highly reccomended for any car, any mileage, etc.

We have been running Mobil 1 and Lucas in the 427 that Powers the Family Bug and it's been in the car untouched except for 3 carb swaps and running the valves and it looks like the day we put it in back in 1992!!

Same engine that see's year round street and ALOT of strip time and is murderously abused and it still to this day only burns a half quart of oil each change.

I have it in the TerminVIIIor since day 1 and the SuperMark also has it as well, hell Tasca even used it in this car before we bought it.

I don't know where you guys this misinformation from but I can assure you it is BS at least in my honest opinion and experiences since 1992.

Last edited:
ONEBADMK8 said:
I don't know where you guys this misinformation from but I can assure you it is BS at least in my honest opinion and experiences since 1992.

Lucas Oil Test

What do you make of that test? Do you think it proves or disproves anything? That was what I based my concern on. I ask because if you endorse the product, I'll be adding it at my next oil change.

Calabrio said:
Lucas Oil Test

What do you make of that test? Do you think it proves or disproves anything?

I could go on for days about the load of BS in that test, the foremost being there is NO pressure in that test, a real engine uses a oil pump that produces obviously pressure, which makes a huge impact on fluid retained air, these tests are done at ROOM TEMPERATURE not he normal operating temperature of a typical engine! The gears on his "Test Machine" LMAO looked to be straight cut too which would produce significant turbulence & cavitation in the oil mixture.

C'mon this is a joke.

Ill tell ya what I went to Pennco Tech back in the 80's and we had a test engine, it was a small block chevy with CLEAR plastic valve covers and we had a course on additives, pro's and con's and we ran everything imaginable through that thing from Slick 50 to Lucas and NEVER once have I EVER seen foam! LMAO!

Also if this was the case then quite simply this is test will be busted the first time you pull your dipstick with the engine running and you will see NO foam EVERRRRRR.

Heres a REAL challenge, ANYONE that runs Lucas in ANYTHING PLEASE pull your dipstick with the engine running and post your vids in this thread!

Man i have used lucas in EVERY thing i have owned, and I love it. and have never experienced any type of foaming. I just wasn't sure if i should run it in my mark or not. I have never owned a mod motor before so i just wasn't sure.
but i went ahead and used it in my oil change yesterday

That Lucas oil test is CRAP. I have never seen a more inaccurate test then what this guy did. I agree with Geno, never seen any foam highly doubt i ever will

ONEBADMK8 said:
I could go on for days about the load of BS in that test, the foremost being there is NO pressure in that test, a real engine uses a oil pump that produces obviously pressure, which makes a huge impact on fluid retained air, these tests are done at ROOM TEMPERATURE not he normal operating temperature of a typical engine! The gears on his "Test Machine" LMAO looked to be straight cut too which would produce significant turbulence & cavitation in the oil mixture.

Your completely correct.

Here are just a few differences the test does not do:
  • Run at engine tempatures
  • Run Under Engine Pressures
  • Send the oil through a pump
  • Send the oil through a filter
  • Add the additive in the proper proportion to the oil.

I may shoot that video Geno. but ill do it differently. Ill drain the oil completely while hot so we can see if its foamed.

Incidentially, I use Lucas in my oil, tranny and fuel. I also use Royal Purple Oil. Many mechanics have recommended Lucas to me.

Totally unnecessary.

Every single one of my oil analysis have come back better than normal without the use of any additives, snake oils, magic potions, or anything.

One of my Dodges is running 340,000 miles on its original 440, with nothing but decent oil and regular changes. Compression within 10 points of each cylinder, runs good as it probably ever did.

Lucas Oil is just heavy stock. Might as well just dump in a heavier oil and be done with it if you really think you need it. :shrug:

Fact of the matter is; if you encounter engine wear or engine failure due to lubrication issues, you either have bad oil or an inadequate lubrication system.

Good oil in a properly designed engine does not need to be "stabilized". Will it hurt the engine? No. Will it help? Probably not.

Calabrio said:
Lucas Oil Test

What do you make of that test? Do you think it proves or disproves anything? That was what I based my concern on. I ask because if you endorse the product, I'll be adding it at my next oil change.

sponcered by castrol....lucas' competitor perhaps...

Dominus said:
Lucas Oil is just heavy stock. Might as well just dump in a heavier oil and be done with it if you really think you need it. :shrug:

My thoughts exactly.....

HOWEVER, I do recommend the Lucas fuel treatment. I have used the fuel treatment and noticed it makes the car run noticably smoother

Yeah, the fuel treatment is gold, but this is a case of a system that actually can use improvement. Carbon buildup is simply a given, no matter what.

An oil system, on the other hand will never have a single problem if simple maintenance is observed.

I used it in my 87 Caddy coupe and just sold it last week, 161,000 miles and could just about hear the motor running, the buyer was amazed at the power it still had and didn't blow any blue smoke out the back. I just changed the oil in my 93 Mark and Lucas went in it too, I think it is great stuff.:D :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back