Mark VIII Newbie to LVC

Cheryl

New LVC Member
Reaction score
What a great place! Thanks for all the information about the Lincoln Mark VIII.

I bought my Mark VIII in April 2001 while looking for a Cadillac. I went car shopping all over the Tulsa area and came to a dealership that had 3 Caddys on the lot, all late 90's and all around $13k. In the mix was a 97 Mark VIII at the same price point and not at all what I thought I was after.

It was the show stopper. I like the style, the car has presence. It is the classic luxury meets performance ride. As soon as I opened the door it was mine. I love the black leather cockpit feel. Listening to the motor purr when accelerating down I-44 was all it took.

It reminded me of the luxury I had in the Town Car and Seville that I used to own, but had the sporty feel of the 69 Chevelle SS 396 I used to (and wish I still did) have.

I have put over 75K miles on my Mark and it has been absolutey the best car I've ever owned. The few people that I know that have owned a Mark all say the same thing: "I wish I still had that car"

I had no idea that there was anything special about what went on under the hood, I just knew I was looking at quality. It retailed out at almost $40K new and I felt like the price was fair. I have since learned that it is a sports car and as such, gets surprisingly good gas mileage. I'm averaging about 25mpg.

My Mark has since been paid off, had some things done here and there as they all need, no matter what the car. Has traveled everywhere from Florida, Ohio, Texas, Kentucky and back to Oklahoma. It's worn tags from Oklahoma, Florida and Oklahoma again, and has NEVER let me down.

They are quirky cars and certainly have their own 'personalities' but speaking from my own experience, my favourite car ever produced by a domestic manufacturer.

I was interested to learn that in 97 there were 16,500 made and that mine is the least common colour, Pewter Grey.

Thanks for putting up such a great site!

Hi Cheryl, welcome to LVC! I bought my 97lsc in 2003 from an individual near Claremore. I was shopping for a newer Camaro to replace my 88 IROCZ28. I decided to broaden my search to include the Cadillac El Dorado, and possibly a Mark VIII. Test drove lots of Camaro's and TA's, a few El Dorado's, then I drove my first Mark VIII. Not quite the head snapper like an LS1 Camaro, but the ride was night and day. And it still was an aggressive car with a good sound. And the interior was far superior to the El Dorado. I knew after 5 minutes of driving that was the car I wanted. I bought it after a few days of negotiating the price, and I still love it today.

GREAT TO HAVE YOU HERE!!! KEEP POSTING! :W :V :GotPics: :dj: :dancefool :monkey: :invasion: :wave :drunk:

Members online

No members online now.
Back