Maybe I missed something STRUTS

carpoof

LVC Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I need new struts on my LS, but for some reason they are not available anywhere. Does anybody know how to find some good ones, thanks in advance.

In addition to what Lou said above the LS doesn't have "struts". They are coil over shocks. Also, the LS does not have the auto leveling mechanism like the Lincoln Mark's.

How long do the stockers last? The shops and aftermarket manufacturers always want you to replace them at 30k miles, but I think that's bunk. I didn't have any complaints about my Mustang's struts and shocks after 80k.

What's normal for an LS?

Dutch said:
How long do the stockers last? The shops and aftermarket manufacturers always want you to replace them at 30k miles, but I think that's bunk. I didn't have any complaints about my Mustang's struts and shocks after 80k.

What's normal for an LS?
I don't know what is "normal" but I have 73K miles on my LS and I'll be replacing my shocks in the next couple of weeks. I'll purchase my shocks from FPN and will go back with the "base" shock since I have the Eibach Lowering springs. This seems to be a good combination in terms of ride quality and comfort.

GrayGhost1 said:
I don't know what is "normal" but I have 73K miles on my LS and I'll be replacing my shocks in the next couple of weeks. I'll purchase my shocks from FPN and will go back with the "base" shock since I have the Eibach Lowering springs. This seems to be a good combination in terms of ride quality and comfort.

It used to be that regular shocks usually wear around 40k and premium around 80. But driving and whats in the car will change that all over.

Members online

No members online now.
Back