Might use my '98 LTC to start a chauffeur business

Carl

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey I've got a '98 Lincoln Town Car, with about 53,000 miles.

I'm thinking about starting up a small chauffeuring business with my car, for some side income.

Once snow hits I'll put it away and work on it through the winter.

Could you offer me any suggestions as to what I could do to my car, to make it stand out from the rest in the business?

I don't know what kind of money I could make, but any could help since I'm in college. Also the prospect of getting paid to drive this car, and possibly getting any leads to a better job, sounds great.

Here's a couple things I was thinking about.

First I've got a laptop I'd like to convert into a carputer. I'd put a touchscreen in the dash, and two monitors in the headrests in the back.

I'd also look into into a mobile broadband service, to allow the passengers access to the web.

I would put a phone in the back.

I plan on upgrading the sound system with an amp, 10" sub, tweeters, and quality component speakers.

So that's what I was thinking, could you give me any ideas for an ideal chauffeur car?

You may wanna X the amp and sub idea only because you never know how much baggage a person may have when using your service. Most people want it quiet when they are using those type of servicess because most are business people traveling back and forth and most of the time on the phone. I know, I used to use those services when I traveled on business trips and I was on the phone about 90% of the trip.

Darkest tint you could ever find. Is there a big demand in the city for private drivers?

Thanks, I'll reconsider the amp & sub, and look at really dark tint. I think there is a demand for drivers. There are nice new hotels being built, and our airport is doing pretty well with business. So since you've said you've used a service like this before. What, if any, were features you liked in the car's you rode in?

Thanks ;)

Members online

Back