mufflers?

cfischr

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i wanna do flowmaster mufflers, and was wondering if anyone knows what inlet/outlet works best as far as matching up closest to stock mufflers. i'm thinking center in and center out, but not sure. if anyone has them any help would be great. thanks in advance.

yeah, i don't like the way they look and i don't like the dual tips on each side.

i had 2 chamber flows on my mark and i was disappointed- they sounded much better on my mustang. i ended up cutting them off. They were offset inlet center out with stock tips. (cars a gen2 with the bumper cutouts)

He wants flowmasters, Can't anyone just point him in the right direction?

I know that Driller has flowmasters on his car. Maybe he can help you.

i just put dynomax unltraflow ss's on my buddies 93. you want offset in, center out, but before you jump into flowmasters have you heard them on a mark VIII yet? because they dont sound anything like a mustang does. i had flowmasters on my 98 for less then 12 hours before i cut them off, i dont know why they were so different then a mustang but they made me want to puke lol. i went with bullets instead and a true bent 2 1/2 inch exhasut from the motor back.

Hey PureAnger, got your PM but you don't accept them back. Yes the dynomax is 2.5" and I got it from summitracing.com 50$ shipped. The bullet does not sound like a glasspack at all, did you listen to the above clip? As a matter of fact, I just uploaded another video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAhED-F4EFs

Once again, turn up the volume. I'm not sure what is happening when I upload it to youtube (as far as quality).

I have a question about these aftermarket mufflers. Is there a big difference in sound? Because,i had a '88 5.0 Mercury Cougar and i decided to put Flowmasters on it. Well...it was just as quiet when i left the shop as it was when i took it in. I was very upset and felt like i wasted my money. My question is...if i go and spend money once more to get that sound...will i get that sound?? Did everyone else have the desired sound with just the mufflers,or did you have to remove the cats too? And judging by everyones taste,dynomax is the way to go

I have a question about these aftermarket mufflers. Is there a big difference in sound? Because,i had a '88 5.0 Mercury Cougar and i decided to put Flowmasters on it. Well...it was just as quiet when i left the shop as it was when i took it in. I was very upset and felt like i wasted my money. My question is...if i go and spend money once more to get that sound...will i get that sound?? Did everyone else have the desired sound with just the mufflers,or did you have to remove the cats too? And judging by everyones taste,dynomax is the way to go

Depends on the car. Your 5.0 cougar was quiet because it was restrictive and had 4 cats. Here's an example: I had a 88' Towncar also with the 5.0, flows were put on and there was no difference. I then cut off two cats and could not believe it was still quiet. I eventually ran straight pipes and that sounded decent.

On these Marks, they can sound great depending on your setup. I am very happy with mine.

BTW, that 5.0 Towncar is the only car i've ever owned that didn't respond to aftermarket mufflers.

I really depends on what you want your car to sound like. Like mine, I have Magnaflows. I was given them from my father, GMAN, and they sound really nice. He also gave me his bumper because for them to fit, it had to be trimed for the tips. Overall, it looks really nice. Here's a pic.

misc2 023.jpg

I just put flows (40's)in place of the stock muffler the rest is stock it sounds quite at idle. But it made it sound deeper and a little louder a good sleeper sound if that is what you are looking for.

I just put flows (40's)in place of the stock muffler the rest is stock it sounds quite at idle. But it made it sound deeper and a little louder a good sleeper sound if that is what you are looking for.

Yea i got two Flowmaster Super 40's on my Mark and they sound nice, real classy

anyone know what kind of muffler would sound nice on a 96 ltc? i know its a mark forum but it would kind of be pointless to have 2 threads about mufflers at the same time. i was looking for good deep sound.

Towncar huh?...You should look back a couple of post. Panthermike said he had a towncar which he put flowmasters on and he said his was still quiet until he cut all of the cats out.

anyone know what kind of muffler would sound nice on a 96 ltc? i know its a mark forum but it would kind of be pointless to have 2 threads about mufflers at the same time. i was looking for good deep sound.

Yeah, you might have a hard time getting the sound you want. But yours is a 4.6 and mine was a 5.0. I also heard one guy's 97 TC in which he ran straight pipes with tips exiting in front of the tires and it sounded great, nice and deep.

At the same time, I imagine the flows might have a better effect on your Town car than mine. Just make sure to get rid of resonators if you have them. If your set on flowmaster you could always give the one chambers a try.

I really depends on what you want your car to sound like. Like mine, I have Magnaflows. I was given them from my father, GMAN, and they sound really nice. He also gave me his bumper because for them to fit, it had to be trimed for the tips. Overall, it looks really nice. Here's a pic.

Can you tell me which Magnaflows those are?

Members online

Back