Mustang Rear End??????

clincoln

LVC Member
Reaction score
I found killer rear end out of 90 mustang . I want to know if their is any problems i should look for when i put rear end in lincoln. or if i can put it in lincoln. just thought i would ask if this swap can be done . THANKS:

I dont have my manual here but I think the mark VII has a wider rear track than a mustang.

they are the same

The mustang and mark vii "housings" are the same. The extra length in the mark vii's comes from the axle and disk brake setup. I've used a mark vii rearend in our '91 mustang. I just used the mustang's axles and brakes. If you guys dont believe me, strip both rearends of brakes and axles, then measure them. They are the same width.
All you need to do is transfer the the mark's axles and brakes over to the mustang housing and your set.
Chris

91LSC said:
The mustang and mark vii "housings" are the same. The extra length in the mark vii's comes from the axle and disk brake setup. I've used a mark vii rearend in our '91 mustang. I just used the mustang's axles and brakes. If you guys dont believe me, strip both rearends of brakes and axles, then measure them. They are the same width.
All you need to do is transfer the the mark's axles and brakes over to the mustang housing and your set.
Chris

The man is correct.

Welcome aboard, BTW.

The one thing I did forget to mention, is that the mustang housing wont have the mounting pads for the mark's rear sway bar. But, I'm sure that shouldn't be to difficult to take care of.
Chris

Members online

No members online now.
Back