My Airbag Sign On The Cluster Keeps Blinking

getyourgwapup

LVC Member
Reaction score
This Started Early This Morning When I Was Taking My Girl To School, I Look At My Cluster And It Just Blink The Yellow Airbag Sign And It Continues To Do So..please Help Me I Dont Know Wat The Hell To Do?

IIRC, that could be a symptom of a failing clockspring. I'm sure someone who knows will chime in.

Depending on the flashing code; airbag sensor connector wire under the drivers seat or clock-spring. Usually if the clock-spring is going you would have other systems like radio volume control, horn, acting up.

Depending on the flashing code; airbag sensor connector wire under the drivers seat or clock-spring. Usually if the clock-spring is going you would have other systems like radio volume control, horn, acting up.

+1, many members have started threads on this. hit the search button and write clockspring or something along those lines. hope you get it fixed, talk to maxx------->
he'll help you out

An easy way to tell if it's the clockspring is if your cruise control doesn't work. Or if it is out of whack...such as pressing one button does a unexpected command (ex. pressing speed + will decrease your speed).

Of course, your cruise control could still work perfectly fine and it might still be the clockspring.

Watch the red blinking light on the dash to check the code. A clockspring going bad will show 3 blinks then a pause then 2 blinks. It's known - creatively - as a 3-2 code

Which red light on the dash, an idiot light or the flashing "dont f' with me" armed alarm light?

Here is the deal on the SRS light.
It flashes two codes - blink, blink, blink, pause, blink, blink = 32

These are called LFC codes and tell you what is wrong (not always where).
Here is the list - > http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=184120&postcount=2

The two most common issues are codes 32 and 36:
B1932 32 8 Driver Air Bag Circuit Resistance High Go To Pinpoint Test H .
B1993 36 22 Driver Side Air Bag Circuit Shorted to Ground Go To Pinpoint Test R .
B1992 36 22 Driver Side Air Bag Circuit Shorted to Battery or Ignition Go To Pinpoint Test T .
B1994 36 22 Driver Side Air Bag Circuit High Resistance Go To Pinpoint Test V .
B1995 36 22 Driver Side Air Bag Circuit Resistance Low Go To Pinpoint Test X .

The two most common issues are:
- the clockspring in the steernig colunm wore through and is either shorting or open - which provides the connection to the airbag in the steering wheel
- the connector under the driver's seat has broken - which provide a connection to the seat's weight sensor (partof the airbag system).

thread on the clockspring - > http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=6316

thread on the under seat connector - > http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=7068

Mine only blinks after I've had someone in the passenger seat and then like, drop them off somewhere without shutting the car off. I just ignore it. lol

Looks like I'm facing the same issue but can't narrow it down. I'm not having problems with the wheel controls and the weight sensor wires are all intact (under the seat and through the backing). Following the repair manual, I have a resistance of 0.5 ohms at the RCM connector. Anyone ever replace their RCM because of the airbag light?

Members online

No members online now.
Back