My new (to me) Seats

billcu

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Both of my 94 Mark VIII's have grey interiors. I've always wished they had black interiors.

I bought some used 94 black seats last week (thanks Brandon and Wayne).
They aren't perfect but they are much better than the old grey ones.

I put them in my green Mark. I think it looks great. The grey interior already has some black in it so I think the black seats fit in fine.

Both cars are high mileage (187 and 161 k miles) and the seats needed refreshing. The red Mark driver's seat frame broke a couple years ago and I've been using a black junkyard 93 seat until now. I was able to rebuild the original seat with parts from the green Mark's drivers seat.

It was a lot of work rebuilding the seats and cleaning and conditioning a lot of leather but I think it was worth it. Opinions welcome (good or bad).:)

seatgreen2.jpg

seatred2.jpg

seatgreen.jpg

seatred.jpg

seatgreen3.jpg

2carseat.jpg

that is exactly what I want to do! Finally some pics so I will know what it looks like!

Bill, cars are looking better than ever. Better bring the green car with you on Saturday ! I want to see the black seats !

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Brandon, I definately need the rear lower seatbelts. The grey ones look a little funny in the middle of the black seat.:D

I'll give you a call.

looks nice..... dam was green the color of choice for gen I's , I ended up with 2 ...... it seems 1 out 3 marks I see on the road is green!

yet I've only seen a few green town cars

Nice going Bill. I think the combo of Black and Grey looks cool, As you know my Silver car has Grey and my other is Black on Black. I wish at times that the Silver had the Black interior, now I have some food for thought.

MonsterMark said:
I wish I had 'em. I hate the grey interior and seats. Black Mark VIII interiors rule.

say that when its 110 degress out :(

i love your green mark. i never really liked them in that color but those wheels along with the seats make it look really hot!

Looks great. I almost bought a set of black seats for my light grey interior on ebay a while back but they went up just above my price range. I was going to do a whole two-tone theme on the interior. Oh well, maybe some day...

GMAN said:
I changed my whole interior from grey to black, including the dash.
all black interior in the silver cars were available only on speacial order. at least that's what the service manager at the lincoln dealership here in town told me.

A black leather interior looks great (my ETC and my friends SHO both have them,) but in the summer here in the southwest they will set your ass on fire...

Members online

No members online now.
Back