Narrowed down to Lincoln Ls or Caddy STS 00-03

quickssilver

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I am about to purchase one of these vehicles just not sure which one is more reliable?which one is more problematic?Cars will be in the 4-5k price range with te 80k-120k mileage thanx.

Which one is less problematic, the one you don't buy of course!

Both cars have there issues that can go wrong(most cars do) Personally though I think the LS is a more enjoyable car to drive. If you think you'd be happy with either one I'd go for whichever you can find in the best shape. I'd take a nice well maintained 70k STS over a lived in 120k LS

I've got an '03 STS... That would be my choice... But find a 2003 and check for the (Z Rated Tires) version which should be indicated inside the drivers door panel.

By 2003 they nailed all of the NorthStar type things... Have a buddy who is a car dealer, and I paid dealer wholesale... Got mine in 2005 coming off a 2yr lease, with 25K on it. It now has 66K and the only issue I've had is front struts.
Struts are expensive, I fortunately have an extended warranty on it, but haven't had to use that for anything else. If I had to support the cost on my own, I would have converted them to the Monroe replacements. Still $500 each.

Members online

Back