Need help looking for a part and have no clue what it looks like

DrkPho

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I need help locating this part 3W4Z-2B623-AA. It should be for a electronic e brake fault switch I believe the dealership has no clue either. The part is discontinued and I am in need of a replacement desperately to fix a parasitic draw. I haven't had any luck until posting so hopefully someone here can help me.

Specifically for the 2005 v6 sub model

I think this is it but have no clue it says it’s a brake light sensor

IMG_1920.png

IMG_1919.png

Your pictures are showing the brake light switch. Look up under the dash on the driver's side, and you will see it there. Note that it is supposed to be a one-time install. If you remove it, you are supposed to replace it. This is because an internal adjustment to the plunger is made when the switch is first seated.

It's unlikely to have anything to do with a parasitic drain, and it doesn't really have much to do with the e-brake.

The E-brake switch is the assembly in your floor console that you pull up on to set the brake and push down on to release the brake (though it also auto releases). It also has the yellow E-brake fault warning light. Those switches do fail, especially in hot climates. The little plastic parts get brittle and break. Good luck finding a working one. They have been out of production for a long time now.
You can verify if it is your parasitic drain by unplugging it. While unplugged, you'll have no E-brake, but it will be a good way to verify if this is really your problem or not.

1721406217225.png

Search in Car-Part.com. I found my turn signal switch at the best price available at Mills Auto Parts in Ft. Wayne, Indiana; Tel 260-493-1553. They had my year Lincoln LS and they pulled the switch from the car and shipped it to me.

If that doesn't work maybe you can retrofit a similar switch from a different Ford model.

Attachments

• LS Parking Brake SW.pdf
    225.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back