Need Some Advice With HIDs

esalomander

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I found a user on this site that sells HID kits (username: Briansls). Has anyone purchased from him before?

Anyhow, I am doing the lows and fogs but am not totally sure of what I want. I want to have a blueish white look to them????

Any advice?

Briansls is a good guy. Id get the the 10,000k hid's. !2k is sold blue almost i think and 10,000k gives it white with blue tint. Its what i have on mine.

i found mine on ebay for 140 shipped... that was for both low beams and fog lights. You need to make sure you upgrade your fuse to 20 amp or else you will have power restrictions which will burn out your ballasts

Stock OEM HID color temperature is 4300K go 4300K or 6000K otherwise it will look aftermarket. But if you like the aftermarket look, then cool!

i found mine on ebay for 140 shipped... that was for both low beams and fog lights. You need to make sure you upgrade your fuse to 20 amp or else you will have power restrictions which will burn out your ballasts

Is this just a standard fuse??? What is in there, 10amp?

Never heard of this before. mine have been going strong for over a year with no issues, and I have not changed any fuses.

It is just recommended. I didn't do it in my fogs and I have been running them for 6 months no problem. But on my 02 I had them in the low beams and I did switch out the fuse. Xetronic recommends it thats all.

huh. Wonder what Umnitza says. I'll have to give them a call and see.

i dont have a manual for fuses can yall tell me which one it is so i can change it cause i have h i ds but didnt change fuse

I'm pretty sure the owners manual is posted in the tech forums. It depends on your year LS but start by looking there.

I changed the fuse cause it was recommended to do so.... After first installing the HID's i found that one of the lights was intermittently working. I never read directions, but i did so after that. Changed the 15 amp with a 20 amp fuse and never had an issue. Just thought i'd give my 2 cents :)

HID's are awesome. I have a fully tinted windshield and driving at night can be difficult. HID's solved that problem.

I don't like the idea of using larger fuses then was is rated for the circuit. If the kit was designed properly you shouldn't have an issue.

Members online

No members online now.
Back