New Mark owner!

purpony

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well-

I asked you guys in my other post, Base or LSC since i was looking at both. The CT Base car i looked at on sunday was a no go... it was heavily smoked in and not it great shape.

Anyways, the LSC car i was looking at is in FL but my parents were driving right by on their way home for the summer. They stopped and looked at it today for me and are now driving it home. Got it for $5200 out the door since i dont have to pay tax till i register it in CT.

Its a 1998 LSC in Midnight Grey with Tan leather. 44,000 miles. Its a 2 owner FL car. It has a couple small issues that my dad mentioned but overall he said it was in pretty damn good shape and in the interior was spotless...

we will see, if i dont like it, ill sell it, LOL.

lincoln.jpg

lincoln2.jpg

I was planning a cobra brake swap and 18" wheels, but i really like the wheels that were on it, and it had brand new tires, so maybe ill hold off on that for a while.

Other mods im thinking-

-lower sensors
-full screen nav
-Kooks headers
-2.5" exhaust
-Mangaflows
-Cobra intake
-Xcal 3
-Trac-Lok
-3.73 or MAYBE 4.10s
-and long term goal is a 6060 6-speed (we will see)

this is going to be a summer/fall daily driver/mess around car when im not getting in trouble with my mustang :D

NOW THE DOWN SIDE- I dont get to see it for a month since they are stopping at their TN property before coming back to CT for the summer.... sucks for me!!!!!!

Wow you lucky bastard. Id go 410s a trac lok and some black speedstars. Look at lasers old car, i tried to buy it but was too poor lol. Enjoy!

Make sure to get that front rim back on the left side since it is backwards.

lol- didnt notice the wheel... that will be the first thing fixed. They just put new tires on it so im sure the place didnt pay attention.

Thanks - looks like they only made 488 out of 14,357 Marks this color!

Beautiful car! And considering the miles and the shape it's in, I'd say you got it for a good price.

When I saw how much you paid I was getting ready to call you an idiot. Then I saw the mileage... Nice!

Thanks all-

When I saw how much you paid I was getting ready to call you an idiot. Then I saw the mileage... Nice!

LOL- ya, i was looking to stay in the $3500 range just for a daily driver around 100K mileage but im a car nut and like to mod. I have never owned a car that has stayed stock before :D I figured find something low mileage for around $5K. I have always loved the Marks since my grandfathers, but in all honesty, i was looking for a DD 99-04 mustang, but I already have a mustang and figured a Lincoln would be the best choice since I will only put my name on the title of a FMC vehicle :D

and just for the hell of it, here is a pic of my mustang the lincoln will be living with-

IMG_7716.jpg

mustanginterior.jpg

Its a 89 coupe twin turbo, full griggs/mm suspension, baer brakes viper spec T56 with RXT, 3pc iforged wheels. Right now its making around 600rwhp and 650rwtq. Just upgraded the injectors and put in a full stand-alone DFI system so its back to the dyno for some tuning. My goal is 650rwhp and 700rwtq for the street.

I like that Mustang. Has a clean nice simple look to it and just looking at it, you wouldn't think it had that kind of HP. I'm sure it has the sound though. You must have some grippy azz tires to keep that little thing on the street with that kind of power.

LOL- ya, i was looking to stay in the $3500 range just for a daily driver around 100K mileage but im a car nut and like to mod. I have never owned a car that has stayed stock before :D I figured find something low mileage for around $5K. I have always loved the Marks since my grandfathers, but in all honesty, i was looking for a DD 99-04 mustang, but I already have a mustang and figured a Lincoln would be the best choice since I will only put my name on the title of a FMC vehicle :D

and just for the hell of it, here is a pic of my mustang the lincoln will be living with-

IMG_7716.jpg

mustanginterior.jpg

Its a 89 coupe twin turbo, full griggs/mm suspension, baer brakes, viper spec T56 with RXT, 3pc iforged wheels. Right now its making around 600rwhp and 650rwtq. Just upgraded the injectors and put in a full stand-alone DFI system so its back to the dyno for some tuning. My goal is 650rwhp and 700rwtq for the street.

Nice Mark! Really miss the one I had in that color! Definitely check out the pictures LaserSVT has up of it once he got a hold of it.

The Notch is Sick, looking forward to seeing some progress on the Mark!

So the only title you would put your name on would be a ford?..Is that a 69 camaro poster I see on the back wall of your shop?? Lolh

That's a nice mark though, I'd say do a black and tan interior swap..maybe black seats and carpet, that dark silver is a nice color for a mark viii, never see any though..nice stang too..what motor do you have in it?

Nice Mark! Really miss the one I had in that color! Definitely check out the pictures LaserSVT has up of it once he got a hold of it.

The Notch is Sick, looking forward to seeing some progress on the Mark!

You'd hate to see the current state of that car :(

Members online

No members online now.
Back