new MK V111 owner

linclov

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
What a thrill. Finally picked up a MK V111. 1994 with 120,000 kilometers. Picked it up for 3400$ canadian. To put it on a hoist is there anything I should know and where can I get the manual that comes with the car from the factory, the one that goes in the glove box. Oh happy day

oper997 said:
What's a Kilometer?

A kilometer is the metric system for the mile that we use(english system).
1.6 KM = 1 mile, so it has about 75,000 miles on it. Not many for a '94.

Tranny

Car Running Great But Lost 3rd And Od, Fluid Good, Good Color, No Smell, Just Happened Like That Any Ideas. Shifts Great In First And Second, Band Seems To Be Working Good In 2nd, Only Blirp Was Step On Gas Car Would Want To Die Then Came Back Twice, Other Then That Car Running Fantastic, Any Suggestions Would Be Great

Thankx for the info on the kilometer, now if you could tell me how many rods are in a league my life will be complete!!!!

linclov said:
Car Running Great But Lost 3rd And Od, Fluid Good, Good Color, No Smell, Just Happened Like That Any Ideas. Shifts Great In First And Second, Band Seems To Be Working Good In 2nd, Only Blirp Was Step On Gas Car Would Want To Die Then Came Back Twice, Other Then That Car Running Fantastic, Any Suggestions Would Be Great

You just lost your one-way clutch in the transmission. I suspect you were having fun doing some 1-2 upshifts or 4-2 downshifts. How do I know. I toasted 2 trannies myself in my young and foolish days.:D

Don't do an Aamco rebuild or something like that. Get a '98 or newer trans (4r70w) that has the upgraded mechanical diode that can take the abuse you are dishing out.:cool:

Or spend $1600 for a 'racing' trans good for 500+ hp.

Good luck.

Trnny Is Fixed And Updated, Ended Up Being Intermediate Shaft, Apperantly These Trannies Where Noted For This Problem And Once It Has Been Updated Should Go For Ever, I Hope

Members online

No members online now.
Back