New owner here

BoberFett

LVC Member
Reaction score
I've been window shopping for a while looking at a lot of different cars and just recently a deal fell into my lap.

I was looking at a Mark VIII on Craigslist and knew a girl at work who drove one so I asked her how she liked it. Turns out her husband had been thinking about selling it. Long story short, I just got a great deal on a gorgeous red '98 LSC with only 57,000 miles on the odometer.

I've only been driving it for one day but I can tell this is going to be my baby. I'm already starting to think about mods. I'm looking forward to reading through the old threads in this forum and read more about this beauty and seeing what some of you have done with yours. :)

nice to meet you bober! I just got my mark a few days ago also and i love it! hope it turns out good for you! and you came to the right place! :D

Welcome! Great site, allot to learn on here.

Now post some pictures! :fuss:

awesome man, post some pics!

I scooped up my gen2 last summer with 54,000 miles on it...and its already gotten some goodies added. :D

Welcome! Sounds like a beaut! Don't be afraid to ask questions but definitely refer the the search link first, it'll save from future "try searching" comments and save time as well. There is a whole plethora of good information and good people around here.Anyway post some pics! And don't be afraid to romp on her!;)

OK, finally got the pictures loaded up. Check them in my profile over here.

<----------------

She's in pretty good condition. Some gravel chips on the front. There's a strange hard substance almost like glue on the panel below the climate control. It's not completely loaded: no heated seats, no garage door opener, not sure if it's missing any other options.

But for $4500, especially compared with any other used car in that price range, I think I got a hell of a deal. Now the fun begins. :)

I'm already looking at replacing the stock stereo with an in-dash nav unit.

I also want to give this thing some of that V8 rumble I love, so I'm starting to look into what exhaust mods people here have done.

I've considered going for a black paint job, but then I've also considered waiting until I can find a Gen 1 in black. I love the Gen 2, but I also like the nose on the Gen 1. Very classy looking grill on the earlier models. LOL, I already love this car enough I'm starting to think about adding another one. :D

Nice car...did you by that off a car lot?

Good to see another twin city mark member :)

I got it from a private seller. I was checking at a Mark VIII on Craigslist after weeks of trying to figure out what I wanted to buy. I knew a girl at work had a Mark VIII so I asked her how she liked it. Turned out her husband was looking to sell. One test drive and knew I had to have it. Her loss is my gain. ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back