New Tires are a comin...

CrackerJack

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Like I said, I need new tires soon. I'm getting my currents rotate tonight, almost completely bald in back, not quite in front. I need new tires this year, looking for some all seasons. Under $150 a piece too. I found some Falken Ziex ZE-512 on DiscountTire.com for $119.00 a piece, $538.18 after tax including mounting an balancing. Is this a good deal? I'm on a budget, and don't need extreme performance, something that will grip OK in the winter... I plan on keeping my 2 best tires and using them to do some awesome burnouts in my school parking lot on my last day as a Senior!!! :D

Anyways, what did you guys pay (about) and what are some good places to check out? FBird, this is where you come in...

Ah, cheap tires. I have to buy a couple new tires for the 19's. I can't imagine that they will be inexpensive.

The only tires I've purchased for the stock 17's are snow tires. They were about 125 each mounted/balanced.
Remember to look at 245/45's (You can also use 245/40's, although they are a little smaller diameter).

Like I said, I need new tires soon. I'm getting my currents rotate tonight, almost completely bald in back, not quite in front. I need new tires this year, looking for some all seasons. Under $150 a piece too. I found some Falken Ziex ZE-512 on DiscountTire.com for $119.00 a piece, $538.18 after tax including mounting an balancing. Is this a good deal? I'm on a budget, and don't need extreme performance, something that will grip OK in the winter... I plan on keeping my 2 best tires and using them to do some awesome burnouts in my school parking lot on my last day as a Senior!!! :D

Anyways, what did you guys pay (about) and what are some good places to check out? FBird, this is where you come in...

I would use the bad tires:D Much more dramatic looking that way. No one will ever know:shifty:

I say those Falkens.:cool:

Pete, check out the Vredestien Ultracs. They arent that bad for 19s. I think I found 'em for 177.00 and lower.

Really good tire for the summer!

I have those Falkens on my stock wheels that are on the car now. They are far from an all season tire. The littlest bit of snow, fuhgeddabout, you ain't going anywhere. They suck in the rain too. I consider them more a summer tire.

What kind should I be looking for then? Or what tire is there that I should find a comparable tread pattern / style?

I have the Falken ZE-912's and when I bought them, they were only a couple bucks more than the 512's and had better ratings. They've done well for me and I've had them on through all the crazy ass weather here.

I got Goodyear Eagle F1 All season tires. They're listed with the following specs:

96Y 420 AA A

Tire Rack shows them for $160. Great tire. They have some road noise, but the performance is great. They handle just fine in the snow.

IMO all season tires in general are a joke.

I got Goodyear Eagle F1 All season tires. They're listed with the following specs:

96Y 420 AA A

Tire Rack shows them for $160. Great tire. They have some road noise, but the performance is great. They handle just fine in the snow.

Mine (245/45/17) lasted ~24K miles. They got loud after ~18K miles. So loud I thought I had a bearing going.

I have the Falken ZE-512's on my LS right now. I've been through 2 winters with them, and they're fine. Driving like a dumb phuck with any tires will put you in a ditch, so if you don't have to be the fastest piece of sh!t on the road, you can get by with about any tire.

I actually went through 2 sets of these same tires on a previous car I owned. They grip like a mother in a straight line for "all season" tires. They have a nice aggressive tread pattern so it doesn't give you that, I drive a grandpa-mobile like what your standard all season, "just had my tires siped," tires give you.

I think they've changed the pattern of the new ZE-512's, so I can't say whether they're better or worse than what I have.

Mark

cheap and tires dont exsist in my world..... someone price out toyo proxes t1r's! HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!11

I have those Falkens on my stock wheels that are on the car now. They are far from an all season tire. The littlest bit of snow, fuhgeddabout, you ain't going anywhere. They suck in the rain too. I consider them more a summer tire.

+1. Had them on my stock wheels, not very good in snow.

Eagle F1 are great tires, never had any problems with them on my aftermarket wheels, but then again I never used them in the snow.

Here's what happens when you park on an un-plowed driveway that has a coupla inches of wet snow - not ice - like you're the fastest sh*t in town when you have the ZE512s

IMG00064.jpg

Your car eventually winds up a few feet from where you left it.

The cooper zeon sport has been a pretty good tire for me. I live in Indiana, so we get a little bit of everything when it comes to weather. They are fairly inxpensive and are great for around town driving. If you travel a lot I wouldn't recommend them because of road noise and rough ride. I will upgrade on my next set.

i have the Falken Ziex ZE-912 and they SUCK! for the snow & rain.....i need to get a new set too

Bridgstone 960AS are great tires. They are great in the rain and snow under 2ft. They are $125.00 on tire rack.

Tirerack is great and all, but you also have to factor in mounting, balancing, shipping... damn these irregular sized tires!

IMO all season tires in general are a joke.

IMO buying anything but all season tires when you never race, live in the midwest and have to pay for a wife and four kids in a down economy is a joke.

to each his own. :D

You could bring them along for the next MN meet. I'll bring my video camera. Hopefully I'll be standing on the right side to actually see the burnout. :D

IMO buying anything but all season tires when you never race, live in the midwest and have to pay for a wife and four kids in a down economy is a joke.

to each his own. :D

All season tires are a joke and a total contradiction. One way or another they dont do the job they should. You'll either have a tire that wears fast or a tire that sucks over the winter.

When its said and done your best bet in your situation is to just have a spare set of wheels with winter tires. Stops you from wasting so many tires also. One season on one tire ( winter tire ) will cut your costs.

I have had my winter tires on my stock wheels just about since I bought the car and they are in great condition. I would have went through a few all seasons by now.

My latest set of summer tires I purchased last year since I have had my winter wheels and tires on are still like brand new!

Members online

No members online now.
Back