New to LVC

Zion_LS

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Just arrived, thought I would say hi. I am new to the forum but not new to the LS. I have an '02 V8 Sport as of today. It has 105K miles on it and I have owned it for just 2.5 years. I cover a large sales territory and spin the wheels a lot!!! Love these cars, would drive nothing else. In fact, I expect to have an '06 purchased by the end of the week.

There is a ton of great information coming out of this group and I am glad I found it. Actually, I have been on the site before but never got deep enough to understand everything you all have going.

I have left my '02 alone (i.e stock.) However, this '06 is going to get some attention. I have been eyeing Jag wheels and was curious if I could make them work. I see several of you have done so. I found some 20" S Type wheels on ebay but I cannot find where anyone has discussed them. Will they work? Does anyone know? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-J...581QQitemZ350087778581QQtimeoutZ1218594214552

Also, the Pioneer AVIC-Z3 looks like a nice head unit. I am looking to learn more about what has worked for all of you. Have you been able to get the steering wheel controls to work with these units?

010silvergallery.jpg

I believe the offset on those is too low and won't fit without sticking out. You want to look for Jag wheels from an S-Type R with an offset of 42-ish and higher.

Welcome to here.

The S type front offset works. If you can get a set of 4 front wheels, you're set.

So, I know the S-Type is the same chassis. NYC LS8, are you saying the the offset on the S-Type R is different than the standard S-Type? I will e-mail the manufacturer of the wheels and see if I can get the offset from them. I am betting that I can get them to sell me four 20X8.5's. I would love to have the 20" wheels. I think they would look good on the car, what do you think?

Here is a good one. So, I finally landed an '06 with only 13K miles on it. Came in on trade yesterday and the dealer called me as they know I have been looking for one that is exceptionally clean with really low miles. Silver Birch w/ Black Interior. I made arrangments to take a look at it tonight. The Sales manager calls me this afternoon and tells me that the service tech crashed the car into a metal desk in the service bay. Punched a hole in the front facia, broke the grill and put a dent in the hood. I could not believe it. I am feeling cursed. :(

Here is a good one. So, I finally landed an '06 with only 13K miles on it. Came in on trade yesterday and the dealer called me as they know I have been looking for one that is exceptionally clean with really low miles. Silver Birch w/ Black Interior. I made arrangments to take a look at it tonight. The Sales manager calls me this afternoon and tells me that the service tech crashed the car into a metal desk in the service bay. Punched a hole in the front facia, broke the grill and put a dent in the hood. I could not believe it. I am feeling cursed. :(

wow, some luck. tell them to knock 6k off the price they have given you and you fix it ;) . i'm just playing, i know they won't do that, but it's good to dream.

Members online

No members online now.
Back