Newbie - Purchasing '06 LS V6 - Issues?

jsteigerptd

New LVC Member
Reaction score
This site looks like a great site! In a few days, I'll be buying a 2001 LS V6 w/ 5spMT (59500mi). I hope you guys can help me with a general question-

In looking at this and other Lincoln LS forums, it seems the major problems with this model are:

1. Climate control issues
2. Auto trans issues (does not apply to me - Ha!)
3. Front suspension noises
4. Window regulator failures

In looking over the car and test driving it, I think I am OK on all the issues but #4. How do the regulators fail? Can I raise the windows manually by pulling up on them, or is it more serious? Should I just plan on replacing the regulators with the most up to date assemblies to avoid any issues?

I'm not afraid of used car issues, as I currently have a '96 Contour which has been faithfully serving me for 9.5 yrs and 170K mi. As long as I know what I should do when a problem occurs, I don't get bent out of shape over these things.

I'm looking forward to owning this car. It's really sharp IMO:D .

Welcome!

I think window regulators fail on 2000s mostly. I don't know if you can manually lift the window, but I think you shouldn't worry about that. The major problem on most LSs is the auto trans or the coils, you are not gonna have the first problem, the second one, just see if the engine runs smooth, then you are ok.

By the way I have a 99 Mystique, check my photo garage.

jsteigerptd said:
This site looks like a great site! In a few days, I'll be buying a 2001 LS V6 w/ 5spMT (59500mi). I hope you guys can help me with a general question-

In looking at this and other Lincoln LS forums, it seems the major problems with this model are:

1. Climate control issues
2. Auto trans issues (does not apply to me - Ha!)
3. Front suspension noises
4. Window regulator failures

In looking over the car and test driving it, I think I am OK on all the issues but #4. How do the regulators fail? Can I raise the windows manually by pulling up on them, or is it more serious? Should I just plan on replacing the regulators with the most up to date assemblies to avoid any issues?

I'm not afraid of used car issues, as I currently have a '96 Contour which has been faithfully serving me for 9.5 yrs and 170K mi. As long as I know what I should do when a problem occurs, I don't get bent out of shape over these things.

I'm looking forward to owning this car. It's really sharp IMO:D .
My parents owned a 2001 LS and they replaced all 4 window regulators. Typically, what happens to them is the plastic pulley breaks under the tension of the steel wire. I just had a regulator break a couple of weeks ago and same thing. I was able to get a new regulator that day and it took me about 30 minutes to do (including removing door panels and putting them back on). I wouldn't worry about it until one breaks.

welcome you will love it here, LS 04 V8 with the NAVI -- these guys are great here, most of the issues that you will find on the LS you can get the answers here, I think these guys knows more than the actual techs in the dealerships.:Beer :Beer

chocolat1701 said:
welcome you will love it here, LS 04 V8 with the NAVI -- these guys are great here, most of the issues that you will find on the LS you can get the answers here, I think these guys knows more than the actual techs in the dealerships.:Beer :Beer

Thanks guys. I think in general, the above statement is true. All dealers know how to do now is replace big subassemblies under warranty and charge big $$ back to the manufacturers. :bash: All the real troubleshooting is best left for your trusty local mechanic and you (with the help of internet forums). Sad but true.

Follow up question - how much are the window regulators? How about the coil packs?

Thanks!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back