No Compression on cyl 3

Duck

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, this is my Town Car, but I am posting here because this section gets more action.
Anyway, driving the car, stopped at a light and the car suddenly starts running like crap. Missing and the cel comes on. I limp it home and take it to AZ to read the codes:
Mis-fire on cyl 3 and 4
Replaced plugs and coils.......No dice, still runs like crap.
Took it to my friend to look at. He runs compression check:
0 on #3 and 80 on #4
Crap, he pulls valve cover....nothing
Pulls head......nothing
? WTF.... Head looks good, valves look good, headgasket looks good, piston and cyl look good
I am going to help him check it over tomorrow, so any ideas ?

Your welcome!! LOL And my wife said I am a gruff teacher. :D Now wax on wax off. Danyellson. When you own a race car you leakdown all 8 after ever race. I like my one gauge Moroso one. 0 it out then plug it into cyl and it shows exact leakdown on big 4 inch gauge. Remember to have piston on TDC or air will shove piston down fast. Can't get good reading unless piston at TDC.

LOL I watched that vid and he didn't know how to unlock leakdown tester regulator. FYI you pull down on the black plastic part he was twisting on to un lock. When you have pressure set you snap it back up to lock. Also tip for TDC is screw "whip" into cyl then have friend roll engine over by hand with your thumb over end of whip, when coming up on Compression stroke it will blow your thumb up. Then you now know correct TDC is coming up and sneak up on it. Leakdown tester is find where air is leaking test. LOL

Members online

Back