no sound from my subs...help please.

chocolat1701

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
i got a 04 LS with the THX nav, now my subwoofers are aftermarket so i cut the heards so i can install the new subs, here is the link of the new subs ( http://www.ultimate-sounds.com/cdtaudio/103.htm ) now they was working fine for 3 months and i took my car for warranty repairs for the nav screen that was flickering, they replaced that and now my subs aint working, i tried to take it back to the dealer but since i cut the wire heads they dont want to even look at it under warrenty, now my question is what can be possibly wrong, i took out the head unit to see if something was disconnected but all seems fine, could it be a programing issue with the new HU or a wiring problem, any ideas and suggestions will be a great help, im going to purchase a volt meeter and check to see if im getting any power to the subs or the amp, i checked the fuse thats in the trunk and it looks fine.

maybe a blown fuse? is there power to the amp? r they blown? try placing a regular D or C battery to the speaker wires and if it thuds they are fine.. if not they are blown.. could be lots of things... if it was working before it prolly isnt an audio wire problem but a power problem unless anything was a tight fit or was ran incorrectly..

in the same service call they was also checking out my ac needed the dccv replaced so maybe they cut or unplugged a wire someware and forgot to put it back, today i will go and put a bettery on the speakers to see if they thump.

1. Where did you cut wires and WHY did you cut wires?
2. You realize there's speakers + an amp in your trunk, you should never have to touch anything inside the cabin.
3. We need more info, ie. does the amp turn on? did you check all connections? who installed this and where did they ground the amp to? did you check the in-line fuse on the amps power cable? did you touch anything before it stopped working or did it stop working on its own?

OHHHH you're talking about the stock amp, it's probably blown, stock amps don't really do much. Try taking one of the speakers out and testing it on a home stereo or do the battery method, if they don't work, the amp is probably blown, but check all fuses anyways.

1. Where did you cut wires and WHY did you cut wires?
2. You realize there's speakers + an amp in your trunk, you should never have to touch anything inside the cabin.
3. We need more info, ie. does the amp turn on? did you check all connections? who installed this and where did they ground the amp to? did you check the in-line fuse on the amps power cable? did you touch anything before it stopped working or did it stop working on its own?

i cut the heads of the wire that goes to the actual subwoofers so i can install the new subwoofers the rest of the system is stock, and the lincoln tech had to remove my old HU to replace the LCD nav screen that was flickering and i thought maybe they didnt connect all the wires back behind the HU, but i checked that out already and all seems to be connected properly. when i get home i will check the amp again to see if there is even power going to it, i checked the fuse that in the fusebox next to the battery and the fuse looks fine unless there is another fusebox location somewhare else in the car that i dont know about.

i got power.

ok i found 12v going to the factory sub that powers the amp so its getting power, now on the same connector there is the the 2 wires that i think comes from the HU and placed my meter on it and didnt get any readings, now im going to take the HU out and see if it is even sending signals to the amp or and also i will try to do a continuity test on the wire to make sure there is no break in the wire. any suggestions on what i sould look for?

just because power is going into the amp doesnt mean its coming out.. make sure the amp isnt blown.. even though its on, a channel may be blown as well.. remember, thats an amp for mids and highs.. not lows

ok your right banginLS my amp is blown i found the feed from the HU and i had AC fluctuantions meaning that a signal is going to the amp, and usually the amp is a little warm and now its cold as ice LOL.. time to shop for a new amp, any ones that you guys may recomend for the subs since im sticking with the factory setup, i dont need something that powerfull maybe just 200 watts.

Disconnect the battery if you're cutting wires. It's probably just a wire loose in the amp or sub box.

ok guys got the new amp and now its time to install, ok since i have the THX system, and the HU has it own seperate subwoofer outputs that goes to the factory subwoofer amp whats the best possible way to connect this amp, should i splice into the connector that connects to the factory sub amp and use the
1 = yellow/red: switched hot
7 = white/red: low level LEFT audio signal
8 = grey/red: low level RIGHT audio signal
and run a wiring kit from the amp to the battery
now my biggest question is that my amp has HI and LOW inputs and the LOW's are RCA, what should i do, can i use the HI's or if i have to use the LOW's how do i make the wires into RCA.

hi ..

that is my new sound subwoofers

PIONEER:)

get-1186177357.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back