Noble twin turbo setup

nickmav70

New LVC Member
Reaction score
has anyone tried to get a noble twin turbo set up to work on the v6 lincoln ls

they use the same engine so it shouldnt be too bad

any info?

thanks

not the same. the noble duratech is from the 1996 taurus. similar but not the same. i had a motor ordered to go with my single turbo setup, but when they sent me the pics of the longblock i saw some very strange differences in the setup. accessories on the taurus are way different, heads are different so sensors arent going to work right with our ecu. im still researching this further. i was set on buying the longblock, swapping the intake and accessories and adding my turbo, but theres still alot of details to sort out before i pay for the longblock. aer manufacturing assembles the motors with a scat forged crank, manley rods and wiseco pistons. all forged. lowers compression to be more boost friendly. none of those parts can be purchased seperately. ive tried for 4 years now. they finally said theyd sell the longblock to me but that was a pain because they only want to deal with 1g racing or noble owners so im sure their sick of hearing from me. lol

I bet the hard components on the inside of the engine would work but you're on your own beyond that. The LS and S-type have the DAMB heads vs the rollers of the Mondeo (that's really what the Nobel is based on) and VVT. You also need to consider that the Nobel is designed for a transverse layout in the earlier cars and while its turned around for a longitudinal layout in the new one I doubt they reengineered the accessory drive or designed it to fit in an LS/S-type engine bay.

I also wouldn't touch the Nobel's EFI system, its an extremely primative N-Alpha set up. As with anything on these cars, fabrication is required to use even the most related parts.

Members online

No members online now.
Back