Odometer issue

biglou71

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Howdy all, the Odometer on my 98 LSC quit workingo the way to work this morning. I was driving on the highway and looked down at the speedometer and saw that the Odometer was blank. Is this a problem in the dash? Or is a problem with where ever the mileage is stored? I would like to get it working again, as I am headed for a 2k mile trip this summer.

Thanks

Big Lou

Wow, no one has an idea eh? Thats a first :p

Not sure if it is related or not, but my compass is off by 90 Degrees as well...

You can reset the compass. I did it the other day just playing around and had to reset it. Youll have to be facing north to recalibrate. Not sure how I did it though. I know someone on here knows though. About the Odometer I have no clue

Let me know if you find something if not. I'll go outside and play with mine.

Well, If I HAD a manual I would read it. Thanks for the smart ass replies anyway though, I expected nothing less and was suprised it took so long.

You are welcome.

Now use your big brains and search on LvC for the manual. There is a thread with a post containing a link to a free mark VIII manual download.

I would have linked you to it, wouldn't you know it, I have better things to do, like post "smart ass"(ed) replies to people such as yourself.

Cheers.

NP Frog, I am used to reading your petulant replies, and expected nothing else from you. :p Oh, and btw, I took the RTFM as a friendly prod. And, fwiw, I did a search last night and found the way to do it.

But I guess no one has an answer about the primary issue on the Odometer eh?

I had an issue with mine last summer - stupid hot day and was traveling 80+ mph for several hours. When I got off the highway and slowed down the needles on the tach and speedo were stuck and the OD was blank. When I got home and let it cool down I started it back up and the needles went back to -0- then to the appropriate spots and the OD was back on. Never did repeat itself so I dont know the root cause.

I had no idea that you didn't have an owners manual.

When I had to calibrate my compass, I hadn't fully read my manual yet.

I had no idea that you didn't have an owners manual.

When I had to calibrate my compass, I hadn't fully read my manual yet.

NP Billcu, I guess I was just prepped for Frogmans response and got you in the crossfire LOL.

this is just a guess, but maybe you could try disconnecting the battery for a while and see it works after that. Or maybe try taking the speedometer out--something could be loose.

Just some thoughts.

Good Luck!
J. Richmond

Members online

Back