Oh snap !

xarruda89x

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, I was walking to my car today and for some reason i felt like holding down the "Unlock" button on the remote and all of a sudden my windows go down, i was like WTF, lol, I did get the LS a month ago... i didn't know LS's did this, i know all VW's do .. Anyway, I did try closing them on the remote as well, but i couldn't seem to close it from the remote, i had to go inside the car and close them myself .. Can you even close the windows from the remote?

And this is to all the other people who didn't know about this feature .. LOl. Which i bet all of you know. :p

haha yup it's a startling feature to learn!

A quick way to close them is to put the key in the door and turn to lock and hold it there.

I found that out just a bit ago too, I was surprised as hell. I was laying down in my trunk (I had just got back from a concert and the sun had gotten to me...) and I must have been on my keys. I got out of the trunk and saw all my windows were done.

OK, kids, here's how it works. Holding the Unlock button down on the remote unlocks the doors, and also rolls down all the windows and opens the sunroof (if you have one). You can also do the same trick using the key in the door lock (Insert key, turn to the left, and hold it). Unfortunately, you can't use the remote to CLOSE all the windows and sunroof. Instead, you must use the key (insert into door lock, turn to the right, and hold).

now who is going to read the whole manuel its good just to post what u found new and post it here ... by the time u look through the manuel someone already posted an answer ... Thus the reaon for this forum

Yeah i noticed the smiley, not directing it to you, its mostly everyone gets pissed because its in the manuel and no one read it. You're online, who going to go to their car and get the manuel when your at a help forum

:)

Yeah i noticed the smiley, not directing it to you, its mostly everyone gets pissed because its in the manuel and no one read it. You're online, who going to go to their car and get the manuel when your at a help forum

:)

Amen brother!!! It seems that a few of the "veterans" think we are wasting their precious time asking such "dumb" questions (coughToddG). :bsflag:

Ive known this since the day I got mine. (I read part of the manual :p)
I just wonder if there is a way to rig it to make them all go back up/close with the remote?

The first time I did it in public all my friends got pissed :p (jealous)

Ive known this since the day I got mine. (I read part of the manual :p)
I just wonder if there is a way to rig it to make them all go back up/close with the remote?

The first time I did it in public all my friends got pissed :p (jealous)

I used this on my G35 http://www.kptechnologies.com/ just never got around to adding one to my LS. However, I am very confident it will work on the LS.

Well, I was walking to my car today and for some reason i felt like holding down the "Unlock" button on the remote and all of a sudden my windows go down, i was like WTF, lol, I did get the LS a month ago... i didn't know LS's did this, i know all VW's do .. Anyway, I did try closing them on the remote as well, but i couldn't seem to close it from the remote, i had to go inside the car and close them myself .. Can you even close the windows from the remote?

And this is to all the other people who didn't know about this feature .. LOl. Which i bet all of you know. :p

Yeah I did not know when I had my 1st back on 01. I was detailing the car one day and my son then 3yrs old had the keys in the back seat and discovered it for me. A freakin three year old! I had the car for several months already to boot. So don't feel bad for not reading the manual.

I used this on my G35 http://www.kptechnologies.com/ just never got around to adding one to my LS. However, I am very confident it will work on the LS.

That might work but seeing how the car already has a module to roll the windows down, seems like it shouldn't be that hard to make it roll them up as well.
The Auto Lock/Unlock module would be useful though.

As defensive as you want to react to this post - there are a lot a cool features with the car that you will never know about unless you accidently stumble upon it or take the 20mins and read the manual. The LS was a $45,000 luxury car that had some really neat features for it's day.

Why not learn everythig you can about your cool car?

I had something like this put in my ss, got two aux buttons on my remote, one turns on the car and the other I click twice to have my windows go down(from about 200 ft away) and click again to have them roll back up. Had a place called auto toys put it in when I went to get my seats to be cooled and massage, already had heated option. Co-worker was going to his truck and he was parked next to me, I clicked the button to turn on the car and than put the windows down as we walked up and he about died haha, seemed pretty jealous, than I had to show him everything I had done, he got even more jealous. Great feeling :)

The Auto Lock/Unlock module would be useful though.

Someone on LLSOC did that, so their locks would unlock when you put it in Park. As I recall, it wasn't that hard to do... a bypass shunt or some such thing. My wife's Lexus does it, and its a nice feature.

Amen brother!!! It seems that a few of the "veterans" think we are wasting their precious time asking such "dumb" questions (coughToddG).

Actually, many of the questions have been asked (and answered) before. A search of the forum will likely bring up the answers you seek. If you've been with the LS as long as I have, it gets a little tiring answering the same questions over and over, especially the real basic ones. But, I'll try to be nice..... ;)

For me, I like reading the manual on new toys, especially high tech devices like the Lincoln LS! I like to learn as much about a device as possible so I get the most from it. For example, I got my wife a new point & shoot camera, and this thing has a ton of technology built into it. I love reading about how to work all the functions. I guess its just me; not everybody likes to do that.

i believe its just an extended negative trigger on the lock wire to roll up the windows and an extended negative on the unlock wire to roll down the window. you must grab the door lock wires at the DDM inside the drivers door; if your installing an alarm or remote start from DEI you can use an auxiliary trigger to have them roll up when you lock the car or press two buttons to have them roll up/ down.

As defensive as you want to react to this post - there are a lot a cool features with the car that you will never know about unless you accidently stumble upon it or take the 20mins and read the manual. The LS was a $45,000 luxury car that had some really neat features for it's day.

Why not learn everythig you can about your cool car?

Are you trying to tell me/us that there are little features we don't even know about and there all in the manuel?

Mine LS does the unlock when putting it in Park which is cool but my car also automatically locks when I turn the car on, which sucks because I have locked my keys in my car many times.

Members online

No members online now.
Back