Oil Filter

MrScalia

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
How hard is it to get to??
And does anyone make a anti-backflow Oil Filter?? will that help the crappy chain sound at cold starts? the guy at Kragens said He couldn't find one.... but then again they have never heard of Seafoam

buddylee said:
How hard is it to get to??
And does anyone make a anti-backflow Oil Filter?? will that help the crappy chain sound at cold starts? the guy at Kragens said He couldn't find one.... but then again they have never heard of Seafoam

I'm pretty sure the mobil1 synthetic filter has the drainback valve. And the filter location was designed by the Marquis De Sade.

Mike

I just did this today. My neck is all stiff from holding up my head to look in there from the floor!

Getting to the oil filter is a synch, the hard part is getting out the stupid thing (PITA).

The Motorcraft FL-820S has a silicone anti-drainback valve:

"Silicone Valve Oil Filters

Motorcraft® offers specially designed silicone components in the anti-drainback valves for oil filters FL-820S and FL-400S. The silicone valves retain flexibility throughout the life of the filter. This ensures better oil retention in the filter and faster engine start-up lubrication."

http://www.motorcraft.com/products.do?item=13

Thats the filter I use with Mobil 5000 oil, seems to work pretty good.

Oh well I got a fram .... but after looking at fram's web site , the Tough Guard® has the non-drain type. I go looking for that.

buddylee said:
Oh well I got a fram .... but after looking at fram's web site , the Tough Guard® has the non-drain type. I go looking for that.

Fram's are made out of toilet paper (IMO they suck)

Frams are crap. If you want your engine to die (my Mustang blew it's engine in '99 because of a Fram piece of crap) use that brand.

fram is junk it,s true
i would just stick with a motor cracf fillter thats what i yous and the car seems to be good

PioneerCrazed said:
The Motorcraft FL-820S has a silicone anti-drainback valve...

Thats the filter I use with Mobil 5000 oil, seems to work pretty good.
ONEBADMK8 said:
Prolator Pure 1 is THE BEST filters for the mod motors. Anti drainback valve, unreal filtration..etc.

I agree. Purolator is the company currently making Motorcraft filters. Between the two, I suggest getting whichever one happens to be cheaper.

buddylee said:
And does anyone make a anti-backflow Oil Filter??

I know the Fram, Mobil One, Motorcraft and K&N as well as others have the anti-drain back valve design. I use K&N.

95LSC32V said:
I usually use the K&N or Napa Gold filters.

NAPA Gold is Wix. A great filter.

Purolator has been known to use off shore products.

Motorcraft has had several different suppliers over the years. It doesn't matter who builds them...they are built to very rigid factory specs and are not necessarily what the manufacturer will sell for the same application.

Fram makes the cheapest junk they can get away with. I wouldn't use one of their products for ANYTHING!! Cut them apart next time you take one off and look at it. You will be amazed at how they are made and the filter media they use.

Fram are Crap!!!

SuperTech from Wal-Mart are made by Purolator.

And to get the Damn filter out you need Sergmark and his small hands LOL.... I even think Serg can walk under the car will out using a lift...

At least he was bragging about getting those things out at the Meet on the 13th..

Is this filter location problem a Gen-1 problem? I have no problem getting mine...

i yous motor craft
oil filter i think they are the best and work the best in out cars

Fram is TRASH! I wouldnt put them in a Go-Kart! I have seen lab tests that I have sent out and Fram is scary! Wix and Purolator won as far as filtration goes.

did you know that puraloator if that how you spell it is the one that makes motor craft
i have looked for wix
but have found it anywhere in ohio any help please

NAPA and Carquest premium filters are made by Wix...at least they used to be. Call and ask them...they will know. Wix is a GREAT filter.

Just because you use a Purolator filter does not mean you will get the same filter they manufacture for Motorcraft. Ford has them built to their specs. Purolator's filter can be different.

You can buy Motorcraft filters so damned cheap why would you worry about it? I can't remember if it's Autozone or Checker, but they carry Motorcraft filters. Why would you worry about using something else? But if you did...I would use the Wix.

94m5 said:
I'm pretty sure the mobil1 synthetic filter has the drainback valve. And the filter location was designed by the Marquis De Sade.

Mike

would you say the mobile one synthetic oil filter is better then the
motor craft filter that im yousing
was just wondering if i should switch couse im alredy yousing mobile one synthetic oil
just wondering if it would be better to yous the mobile one filter or stick with
motor craft

the thing about fram filters is the flimsy plastic bypass valve lets unfiltered oil pass by. filters have that so they still flow when clogged

Members online

No members online now.
Back