Ok, Finally got some pics.

LOL no, they're overpriced apartments. lol

All-right, a fellow 2000 v8 sport. It looks to be in decent shape.

Stock CD-changer in the glove box. Yup, runs good. I need to get the suspension inspected. I'm hearing a knocking when I go over bumps from the front.

You seem confident lol, is that pricey to replace?

no, but it's a common problem. The clunk is hard to chase down sometimes, but a lot of times it is worn bushings. kind of a beotch to get the old ones off I hear (I haven't done them yet, but will probably do them sometime soon.)

Oh, and if you are doing the work yourself, it's pretty inexpensive. Energy Suspension are the recommended brand.

How do I know if its a "Sport" or not? Or are all the 2000 V8's "Sport"?

Ahh cool. Do they have different rims too? Are there any differences performance wise? Still learning about these cars.

I HATE the cup holders... they don't even hold cups, lol. Should have called them "can holders". But its ok, I don't drink much when i drive anyway. Except when I drive long distances.

They changed the "can" holders in 2001. You just have to swap the top part of the center console. Ebay has consoles all the time, or you can hit up a salvage yard and get one pretty cheap.

Performance differences between the sport and luxury trims are very few. You get a slightly stiffer suspension and bigger sway bars. That's about it. You do get the 17" wheels though, so the slightly wider, slightly lower profile tires help with traction some. :p

Thats cool, can the other cup holders hold bigger stuff? Oh, and i don't know if anybody noticed, but there is a pretty big gap between my ash tray holder and the climate control. I've taken out the radio and everything, i don't see why i have that gap. It kind of bugs me. Am i missing a piece there or something?

Ahh cool. Do they have different rims too? Are there any differences performance wise? Still learning about these cars.

I HATE the cup holders... they don't even hold cups, lol. Should have called them "can holders". But its ok, I don't drink much when i drive anyway. Except when I drive long distances.

Try to go faster than 105. If you can its a sport. If you hit a brick wall at that speed its not.

He has the sport for sure. The dead ringer is the SST a side from the bumpers.

About that knocking from my suspension... do you think it could be from whatever was recalled? I was going to go check to see if the recall has been fixed on this car, but haven't yet.

Members online

No members online now.
Back