Old School Hood Ornament?

Motodrew

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
What do ya guys think of adding an old school hood ornament? Just an idea I came across when I saw an emblem like the one below. I thought a nice polished/chrome one might be pretty pimp.

Last edited:
Agree! Hood ornaments would only be good if they were laying done flush in the hood.. Like the one that's in the grill.

Hi Motodrew

A hood ornamaent would look absolutely fantastic, no Lincoln is complete without a hood ornament.

That sorry looking broken one in your picture is a 90's hood ornament, hardley "oldschool", how about this one from the 30's?

1933Kbornmnt.jpg

Regards

Dereck

Your hood ornament is on your grill. Why dont you add LED windshield washers and valvestems and put a racing stripe on one side of your car. :ricesmile

Here is a pic of LS with that thing on the grill, I don't like it much. Have no idea whose it is (sorry).

471643_2_full.jpg

you could dip it in bubble mix and it would blow bubbles as you drive....

Please do not do this to a LS.

I think there is enough Lincoln emblems on the LS, in the front and in the back.

Yea and also this:

Hahahhahahahhahahahhahha

Quik LS said:

Don't do it! If your dieing to change the front of the car, get a new grill.

But if you do... keep it real and don't forget the other matching accessories like the "POWERED BY LINCOLN", and Calvin peeing on a bowtie stickers

You guys *really* need to lighten up. As has been stated, earlier, that WAS the way the Lincoln emblem was on the car... I do agree that it would look ok if there wasn't another one right beneth it.

Having said that, I'd leave the way it is.

-Matt

Personally, I don't think it looks right on an LS. A Town Car or a Continental, yeah, maybe, but not on an LS. It just doesn't fit the character of the car. It's sort of like how you see the Leaper on X-Type, S-Type, and XJ, but the XKs use a flat medallion-style hood ornament. You could put the Leaper on the XK, but it just wouldn't look right (IMHO). YMMV.

Quik LS said:

enough reason for me to do it....you guys can consider it done....

:joke

I don't plan on doing it. It was just an idea. But now that i've heard of the idea, I'm going to consider the bubble making affect. I could rig it to my windshield squirters... hmm.. the possibilities... haha

Members online

Back