Only one beep after locking

Mussolini1996

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I was locking my car yesterday with my key fob as usual, and when doing so, I noticed that the horn only honked once, not twice, like it normally does. I haven't changed anything in the setup. Has anyone else had this happen? The doors still lock and the alarm is active, just kind a odd is all.

its supposed to honk only once.
when you leave something open it honk twice

maybe you dont have the OEM alarm..?

Correct. If the door/trunk is open when you press the button, it will beep twice to alert you. If it beeps once, everything's closed up.

my car doesnt beep when i lock it lol ? why is that i never knew it beeped hasnt since i owned my car

I believe if you read the owners manual it tells you a way to disable the beep when you lock the car..

Default action is silence and light signals on one button press, but horn confirmation on a double lock button hit on the fob.

You can disable the horn like someone said, at least I think I remember that from the manual.

But yes the other users are correct,

double tap on keyFOB = 1 horn (meaning all clear)
double tap on keyFOB = 2 horns (meaning something is open, doors, trunk, hood)

You can disable the horn like someone said, at least I think I remember that from the manual.

But yes the other users are correct,

double tap on keyFOB = 1 horn (meaning all clear)
double tap on keyFOB = 2 horns (meaning something is open, doors, trunk, hood)

+1

Read all about this feature in your Owners Manual. On the 2nd Gen The horn chirp feature may be enabled/disabled by an authorized dealer or by using the message center.

you can disable the horn confirmation throught the message center in the dashboard.

Pro tip:
By pressing the unlock button twice and holding it on the second time your windows will roll down!(make sure you keep holding it until they are all down) and you can raise and lower them with the key in the drivers door lock too. just turn the key and hold unlock will drop and lock puts them up.

Pro tip:
By pressing the unlock button twice and holding it on the second time your windows will roll down!(make sure you keep holding it until they are all down)
you dont need to press it twice, just holding it on the first press will do the job

and you can raise and lower them with the key in the drivers door lock too. just turn the key and hold unlock will drop and lock puts them up.

with a aftermarket system you can actually have it roll up the windows from the remote also, with out adding a window module!

Members online

No members online now.
Back