ordered an electric water pump

BlackMark8Li

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
so I got my x-mas present a lil early. I just ordered the meziere electric water pump for my car. should be here wednesday, I'll put it in on thanksgiving if its not snowing.
I found the problem with my car, my water pump was bad and thats what was making the horrible noise... actually I have 2 water pumps, both were bad making the same exact noise.
Anyways I am happy, I've wanted an electric pump for a while now, and I'm finally getting one.

Nice, keep us updated when you install. I would like to know if it makes a noticible difference. I couldn't tell much when I switched to the better designed 99 Cobra water pump.

are you sure it is meant to stay on like that? i wanted one for my mustang and all the descriptions said for race use because they werent meantto shay on for long periods of time

electric pump

I have had this exact pump on my mark for about one year with no problems, and it is advertised as being ok for continuios use. The only diffference I noticed is that the engine will rev faster, but no real seat of the pants feel.

I have a question. even if this pump produces lets say 5-10hp( they claim 11) how much more of a gain would you get if you also added a smaller harmonic balancer?

BlackMark8Li said:
I have a question. even if this pump produces lets say 5-10hp( they claim 11) how much more of a gain would you get if you also added a smaller harmonic balancer?

That is not a place to be screwing around with when it comes to reducing rotating mass. On a street driven car, the harmonics can be devastating. Make sure any change you make there is designed for street use and is by a very reputable manufacturer...i.e. Fluidampr.

My '93 has the Steeda crank pulley and Meziere electric pump. I could detect a little better off the line performance with the crank pulley. It showed maybe a tenth improvement at the track. The electric pump possibly contributed to better trap speeds but it was difficult to tell. The 10-11 HP gain will be peak HP at higher rpms, which is where the stock water pump hurts performance.

dose that come with a special serpintin delete with that since you have one less pully to run? or do you have to bye just a shorter belt?

Markviiiedrea said:
dose that come with a special serpintin delete with that since you have one less pully to run? or do you have to bye just a shorter belt?

The Mezeire electric pump has a dummy pulley. You use the stock belt.

My setup with the Steeda crank pulley requires a shorter belt.

Members online

No members online now.
Back