Paint

Honey badger

LVC Member
Reaction score
My ls is currently burgundy I just ordered some nice black wheels yesterday and my plan is to re-paint it pearl white. I'm curious if you guys have any better colors in mind or if I should just go with the white because I've seen plenty of awesome white ls's on here.

Also the chrome parts on the trunk and hood would
It be fine if I painted over that to match the color of the car or would it peel off cause of the chrome or sand down the chrome if possible.

I'll post pictures of the wheels later they should be in.

sell it and buy a pearl white ls youll be saving lots of money in the long run. i typically wont even do a color change on a car if they are picking another factory color because to do a color change right your looking at 5-8 grand just in paint and diss/reassymbley. any body work need makes the price higher.

I know a guy and I'll be helping him do it also total cost any color I choose: 850$ yes it will be a good paint job. Also I got my Lincoln for free so no problem.

Don't do a color change. Like mike said you will put more into the paint than the car is probly worth. Or worse...they will just paint the outside and everytime you open the hood or doors you will see the origional color

Why won't my reply show up? We are painting the door jams and whatnot also so you won't tell. For some reason my other post didn't show so I'll post it again...

I know a guy and I'll be helping him we will be painting it and any color I choose price is 850$ also I got my Lincoln for free and there is no selling it.

sell it and buy a pearl white ls youll be saving lots of money in the long run. i typically wont even do a color change on a car if they are picking another factory color because to do a color change right your looking at 5-8 grand just in paint and diss/reassymbley. any body work need makes the price higher.

What he said.

Before I traded my GEN I, I considered getting it repainted. The prices were too high. 1.5X the blue book of the car, and that was to go back with the same color. If you go with a shop like Mako it will be affordable, but you won't be happy with the results.

If you decide to pull the trigger anyways I am sure that your car would look fantastic in pearl white.

when I painted my Pontiac I paid about a grand in materials and labor

Here is what I did though,

I did all my own body corrections and primed and blocked the car. I masked it off, and I painted it blue, just darker than the current. so I told him not to worry about the jams.

Also I used summit brand paint, which is good for the cost.

I also am good friends with the guy who painted it for me.

so if you change the color and have the jams painted you will look at least 3k if you use a lower grade or quality paint, oem paint, you may as well buy a new car. Now keeping the same color or just changing to a darker color and the jams won't be as big of deal, because it won't stand out, but red jams on white car, would look bad. Unless you had a red interior, then it would look like you meant that, and red interiors on white cars is pure sex.

I don't know if you can see this or not because all my posts keep getting deleted and not showing up but anyways, people saying it will cost too much I'm doing it with a guy I've known for a while and is good at what he does he's charging me ~$850. After I just got my wheels on it I may just repaint it the current color but darker or like ruby red pearl because it looks pretty cool. Just need to get rid of that chrome part and blend it to match the hood and whatnot.

850 for a complete color change with jambs? that wont eve cover the cost of paint. i am willing to bet money that you will not be happy with the outcome

850 for a complete color change with jambs? that wont eve cover the cost of paint. i am willing to bet money that you will not be happy with the outcome

Well that's what he told me and the paint job he did on his car looks so amazing and he's a huge perfectionist.

I know the white would look amazing but I think I'm going with a red that's a little darker then this or ruby red pearl.

so wait, both your front bumper parking lights broke the exact same way? weird.

Hyoid LS is Autumn Red. It has pearl in it already. It's $82 a. Pi
Pint. De-chrome it like I did and reliant the original color. The paint will really "pop" in the Florida sun. Just look at my signature

I have to agree. Painting the trim the body color, or going with a similar color on a repaint will look great and be easier.

I have to agree. Painting the trim the body color, or going with a similar color on a repaint will look great and be easier.

Yep, I agree also I've decided on going with a color highly similar to the one I currently have just a tad lighter or darker not sure yet and all the chrome on the front will be made to match the color of the car along with the trunk chrome and then the chrome pillar posts for the doors.

Here's some resized pictures a little less quality because of the resize but whatever.

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

Having dents, scratches and rust remove, re-painted the original Estate Green $3k

Yep, I agree also I've decided on going with a color highly similar to the one I currently have just a tad lighter or darker not sure yet and all the chrome on the front will be made to match the color of the car along with the trunk chrome and then the chrome pillar posts for the doors.

Here's some resized pictures a little less quality because of the resize but whatever.

This guy! Lives in the same town I live in and drives the same color LS as i do and we have never crossed paths....Weird!!

Who's your paint guy? Im using Constant Perfections off of Leo Kidd rd.

Well hope to meet you some day it would be a great Photoshoot haha!

Members online

Back