Problem: Sunroof Alignment?

abes

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey and thanks for taking a look at my post!

I have a problem with the sunroof in my 2000 LS.

I can tilt it up close it after no problem, but once I try to slide it open it doesn't drop to the position that would allow it to just slide inside of the roof.

If I get out of the car and press hard on both sides of the sunroof I hear a click as if something was blocking it and that drops it to the "ready-to-slide" position. Pressing the button to slide it again makes it move inside of the roof and it of course closes properly from that position as well.

I've been told that it might be a matter of "relearning" the alignment, since it is mechanically working.

Let me know if you had similar experiences in the past or if you know the proper reset/relearning procedure for the LS.

Much appreciated!

Cheers!

sry can't help but i've also had problems with my sunroof. mine goes up and down as well but when i hit the auto open button it stops after a second and i have to keep pushing the button constantly for it to open. weird thing is, when it is all the way open i close it with no problems with my alarm. don't know what 's up with that

Members online

No members online now.
Back