Problems With Air Ride Sys

Carlos Mitchell

New LVC Member
Reaction score
HELLO GUYS LONG TIME OUT OF THE FORUM! I'M BACK :wrench
WELL I THIS IS MY PROBLEM WITH MY LINCONL MARK VIII :Bang

THE FRONT AIR SHOCKS DOES'NT INFLATE AT ALL BUT THE REARS ARE PERFECLY NORMAL. ! WHAT DO YOU THINK CAN BE THE PROBLEM? :soapbox: :

I'm not him, but I have the same problem, Ican hear the compressor kick on now. Guys on site telling me I need new front bags, Took two days of sitting for them to go down last time. I'm leaving for OH tomorrow from Atlanta. Should be ok yeah? Pics are in my garage, the hazy is my tears, no really don't know why it's hazy.

Debi

Thanks for reply, exellent web side, just what i was looking for, i just tried some of the steps to test my air sys, but is very tricky stuff so if the compressor is broken can be for a leak, so i have to check everithing, starting for front solenoid O-ring, because i changed all the balljoins like a month ago :mad: the other think is i don't hear the compressor comes on !even when a turn on/off it in the trunk swich and try it again ,and yes the check suspension message come on 90 seconds after the ignition is turned on.
I allready check the compressor relay i think!.I m not 100% sure if it is the relay becuase isn't very clear the info in the owner guide according with (me) should be the second relay front to back in the black box in the fuse compartment in the engine (correct me if iam wrong ).

after all this brain storm lol what do you think can be a a good strategy to star to check all this mess?

Considering the system is all automatic, what usually happens is that a leak will go unnoticed for 6 months +. This is VERY hard on those compressors, as their cool down time is critical. I think the compressor ran its butt off trying to keep up with the leak(s) as long as it could, until it finally died.

To stay with the air, I think your looking at least a compressor, maybe a relay, and then what started the whole thing.....the struts. (Sorry, no links allowed)

Another alternative would be to do a coil spring conversion on it and be done with it all. Its all depending on what YOU want out of the car. (Sorry, no links allowed)

Well finally after do all the check over all the system in my air ride sys I fixed it !! :Beer all the problem was the relay .... i got a easy way to test it

just unplug the conector from the relay and with a pice of cable, jump the two (big) cables in the conector. If the compressor star you relay is trash if not !! keep looking........ :wrench i recoment check this first,you can save alot of time

Thanks to everybody for the support and replys :waving:

:V

...uuummm Carlos, if the compressor will run at all, it will come on when power is applied to it and thats basically all that you tested. You got lucky on this one, but if the relay is not getting the signal to power up the compressor by the module for some reason, your plan would lead you in the wrong direction.

BTW, get ready to replace the relay again. It may take a week, a month or a year, but the relay will go bad again because the compressor is what usually takes out the relay. Replacing one may get you on the road again, but its only temporary.

Members online

No members online now.
Back